I thought there might be some benefit in creating a forum where (1) people can post if they are declining an offer, and (2) where people can post where they are wait-listed. Sure, there is no guarantee the wait-listed person will get the spot, but it's still nice to know, right? Or we can put anything related to wait-lists here. 

Edited by ChloeCriss

I'm currently wait listed at both Minnesota and Rochester for literature, specifically medieval. Got a nice, encouraging email from a POI at Minnesota about how they almost always see movement on the medieval list. No acceptances yet.

I'm waitlisted at the CUNY Grad Center. They will admit 25 this admissions cycle, and a grand total of 306 individuals sent applicant packages. The GC usually only gets about 200, and the director of the program mentioned to me that that this has been the most competitive admissions cycle yet, but are strongly hoping I get in. I am a Victorianist with a strong interest in Condition-of-England novels, with secondary interests in working-class literatures/narratives, and eco critical literary studies and disability studies.

Fingers crossed! 

I'm wait-listed at OSU.  Really, really hope there's some movement!  From what they've said, there's not a numbered order to the wait list, but instead they base their pick on who declined and how the wait-lister will round out their cohort.  I'm a comic studies person, so I'm hoping someone media-studies related decides to attend elsewhere.  *crosses fingers*

Edited by biyutefulphlower

Waitlisted at U. of Alabama's Strode program, and plan on staying on the waitlist for awhile. I'm extremely chuffed with OSU, but I'm also really intrigued by what they've got going in Tuscaloosa, so I'm hoping the spot frees up and I can make a visit before all is said and done...

7 hours ago, shoestofollow said:

I will likely be declining a funded offer from Indiana-Bloomington, as I am leaning strongly toward UW-Madison. I hope someone from here gets my spot!

I will take that funded offer! xD I sooooo want to be involved in their Victorian Studies department!

I'm on the waitlist at Oregon State University. It's my top choice so i'm realllllly hoping that there will be some movement. I was told that it is a "short" list, but  wasn't given any specifics so who knows how many applicants could be on it....

2 minutes ago, loganondorf said:

Ahh, ND it is!

Haha yeah, was nice to be able to make a decision early since I've heard from everyone now. Their full-court press at recruitment weekend won me over pretty quickly, it's just such a good offer and a great fit for my interests. Hopefully you'll be joining in August! :) Excited to see who from the group is going to be coming, sure it'll be a great cohort! 

5 hours ago, Mippipopolous said:

Haha yeah, was nice to be able to make a decision early since I've heard from everyone now. 

Can I wear your skin and live your life? *creep*

can we do something for people who, like me, hope they are waitlisted because they did not receive rejections yet? :D

i would call it "the delusional waitlists" or "hopeless waitlist"...but I hope this thread welcomes delusional people like me with open arms

anybody got a rejection from JHU? I want to be on the waitlist, I really do.

sorry, moment is over.

Keep The Faith

10 minutes ago, KTF87 said:

can we do something for people who, like me, hope they are waitlisted because they did not receive rejections yet? :D

i would call it "the delusional waitlists" or "hopeless waitlist"...but I hope this thread welcomes delusional people like me with open arms

anybody got a rejection from JHU? I want to be on the waitlist, I really do.

sorry, moment is over.

Keep The Faith

"The imaginary waitlist".

10 hours ago, Mippipopolous said:

The other day I turned down my offer from Nebraska and removed myself from Ohio State and Minnesota's waitlists. So, hopefully some of those help out some people on here! 

Congratulations on your decision, and on behalf of all other Minnesota wait listees, I thank you!

1 hour ago, eadwacer said:

Congratulations on your decision, and on behalf of all other Minnesota wait listees, I thank you!

Thank you! I should've also noted that I'm a Romanticist for anyone else waiting for those, so dunno how helpful that is for anyone on here depending on how they work their waitlists. But that's definitely encouraging one of your POIs told you that! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you :) Minnesota seems like a lovely program. 

Waitlisted at Illinois State University. "Imaginary waitlisted" at (i.e., still waiting impatiently to hear back from) UIC, U of Penn, U of Michigan, Florida State, and UCSC. ;)

Edited by Katara

OOoo! I have something to contribute here! I've declined offers from UPitt and Carnegie Mellon, and will likely be turning down UC Davis as well.  I will be removing my name from CUNY's waitlist soon, but i'm holding out hope on Cornell's. 

22 minutes ago, Katara said:

Waitlisted at Illinois State University. "Imaginary waitlisted" at UIC, U of Penn, U of Michigan, Florida State, and UCSC. ;)

Is there any reason you're thinking of yourself as an "imaginary waitlist" at U Penn?  I haven't seen anything from them on the results board so far this year, and I have been speculating that we wouldn't hear from them until sometime between mid- next week and early March, based on previous years' data.