NYU Steinhardt PhD

4 hours ago, selenaleee said:

I applied to Teaching and Learning PhD program. Nothing from NYU yet. The website says they are releasing offers in late March, so I guess it's still early (hopefully?)

Yeah I am hopeful too - March does seems painfully late but I understand it given how many applications they receive.

2 hours ago, hopeful_educator_1029 said:

Argh! Sorry to hear that @higheredbee !!

Aw thanks, no worries though! NYU was the last program I was waiting on, so now I able to fully weigh out the options I do have. I hope all of your programs send notice soon!

I called NYU Admissions yesterday inquiring about the timeline for decisions. I was told that Faculty has until today to decide on candidates + communicate that to the Dean's Office.  From there, decisions should be available in early March (he didn't get a date).  He did say that admissions decisions weren't out yet at all.  Patiently waiting.

On 24/02/2017 at 1:05 PM, hopeful_educator_1029 said:

I called NYU Admissions yesterday inquiring about the timeline for decisions. I was told that Faculty has until today to decide on candidates + communicate that to the Dean's Office.  From there, decisions should be available in early March (he didn't get a date).  He did say that admissions decisions weren't out yet at all.  Patiently waiting.

Thankyou for calling and passing on the info. I guess this means next week ought to be when they let us know.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:05 AM, hopeful_educator_1029 said:

Thank you so much for sharing this. Guess it really will be at least a couple more weeks until we hear.

Did any of you applying for the Higher & Postsecondary Education PhD have interviews?

5 hours ago, istanbulnotconstantinople said:

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from Steinhardt- I haven't heard a thing yet and am wondering if anyone else is still waiting nervously.

Very nervously. Enough so that I tried calling today about whether admissions decisions have gone out but just missed their open hours.

5 hours ago, skolastik said:

Very nervously. Enough so that I tried calling today about whether admissions decisions have gone out but just missed their open hours.

I also called admissions several times and they put me through to someone who is in charge of PhD admissions but he never answers the phone so all I get is an answerphone. I also tried emailing to no avail. 

Well I finally got through to admissions and was told that all of those who had been granted a place had been informed but that I would receive a decision in the next 48 hours (which means a rejection letter confirmation). This is for the international education PhD programme but it may be worth calling if you're waiting on another programme.