Did anyone hear back from Canadian MA programs?

Ikari Gendo

1 minute ago, postmodernturn said:

Thank you! Congrats on SFU. :D They host a lot of great talks for philosophy. Let me know if there's anything you'd like to know about the city -  I grew up there.

Thanks! I hardly see people talking about Dalhousie in this forum but I've also been accepted there! 

I strongly considered SFU, but I ran out of money for apps and their app fee was around $120 for US applicants, so I didn't end up applying there. :( Their placement record seems impressive, though.

On 2/16/2017 at 9:27 AM, To φ or not to φ said:

I received an offer from Simon Fraser too. 

When did you submit your application and when did you hear back, if you don't mind my asking?

I applied to the University of Alberta, University of Calgary, University of Victoria, Simon Fraser University, and Western University, and so far I've received offers from Simon Fraser University and Western. Simon Fraser was my first choice, so it looks like that's where I am going to end up this year!

1 hour ago, postmodernturn said:

Anyone know when UofT will start releasing offers?

Also: they accepted a handful of their own undergraduates last season. Isn't this a bit unusual for grad programs?

U of T started releasing non-fellowship offers yesterday.  It's possible they still have more to release but maybe not?  I've only heard it as a guideline to students applying that they shouldn't have all 3 degrees from the same institution, so it might not be a guideline on the adcom side of things.  It may also be that since it's the highest ranked Canadian school, they do what they want.

EDIT: I didn't realize I was in the MA thread.  They release MA decisions after PhD decisions, so maybe this week the MA applicants will hear back?

Edited by matchamatcha

@Ikari Gendo Not quite an MA program, but I received an offer from McGill's MScPH program early February. Other candidates have also been getting them since then too. Just a guess from others' offers, but I think they might sift through candidates' applications and send out offers for favorable candidates in waves. Their admission deadline was Dec 16, 2016. Hope this helps. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...