UT LBJ 2017

avocado48

I feel like I'm going to ask this several times for different schools but would any of the domestic admitted students here who are going to the Admitted Students Weekend (March 24-25) be willing to share their experiences? Can't make it as an international applicant but I'm intensely curious as to what the school feels like, quantitative or practical emphasis in the curriculum and how they'll try to distinguish their program from other MPP programs. 

@devx I haven't heard back from MSGS yet either. Reallllllly frustrating. I emailed the admissions office once I saw that others were hearing back two weeks ago. The response was vague and basically just said that they had just begun rolling out decisions and not all had been released yet. 

@avocado48 @dollybird

Did either of you get in touch with the school to find out if we can send in our reply by April 15th? I'm waiting on hearing from 6 schools and I don't think all of them will send in their decisions before March 15th. And LBJ hasn't offered me funding either so I'm hoping for some funding offers from other colleges. 

Is it okay for me to send them an email asking for extension on the deadline for a reply?

Got my acceptance last night for the MGPS DC program. It will be a strong contender if I don't get into SAIS especially if I get good funding considering it's already a cheap program. 

On 3/1/2017 at 7:35 PM, Fall007 said:

@devx I haven't heard back from MSGS yet either. Reallllllly frustrating. I emailed the admissions office once I saw that others were hearing back two weeks ago. The response was vague and basically just said that they had just begun rolling out decisions and not all had been released yet. 

Did you ever get your decision? I'm still waiting on mine as well and they are really testing my patience

1 hour ago, chipsandqueso said:

Did you ever get your decision? I'm still waiting on mine as well and they are really testing my patience

Haven't heard till now. No idea why.

Just now, devx said:

Nothing at all. Honestly speaking, disappointed by the lack of clarity by LBJ

Feeling the same way. I'm getting decisions from other schools and my esteem for LBJ is dropping as I keep being put on hold for it. 

@devx @Obecalp agreed. I just wish I better understood their notification process/schedule, so I could chalk it up to being waitlisted. However, they won't even offer that much clarity. For instance, did folks who've already heard all receive funding offers? If so, are they waiting around to tell the rest of us who perhaps didn't receive funding? At this point, I'm assuming they're waiting to hear back from those already notified to see how many spots are left open. These are all just guesses of course...

@Fall007, I'm in the same boat. I am fine waiting (that's a lie. I'm useless at work right now as I wait to hear back from HKS and Ford), but it's the lack of transparency that is killing me. I have no idea if I'll hear today or on April 10th. I have no idea if my not hearing yet means I was rejected or waitlisted. Meanwhile, I keep hearing from schools I got into and just keep getting open house invites from LBJ, despite the fact that I already attended an open house.

@Fall007 I feel your pain!

Although I did receive an acceptance, there is a lack of clarity around funding. I'm confused by the ambiguous language used in their emails after I've contacted them and that's leading to a lot of confusion right now. When asked, I've been told that fellowships could be released later, but there's no time frame. 

Congrats guys! I'm a current undergrad at UT and I have to say it's a wonderful place to go to school. You're gonna love Austin! Let me know if you have any questions -- though I don't know much about this specific program, I'm happy to speak to housing or other non-academic related issues.

I am still waiting to hear back from them as well. I've gotten into my four other schools so far except for LBJ. I emailed them a few weeks ago and asked for a time frame and they said I'd hear by the end of February...which I didn't. They followed up with an email today saying "I'd hear back shortly." 

I havent heard anything yet.  I submitted my application to the MGPS program on December 13th and still nothng. However, I inadvertantly attached an extra copy of my CV in place of my transcript, and they didn't tell me until about a month ago. This may have something to do with it.  Or maybe not, I'm not sure...

In any event, still waiting!

Any news about MGPS admissions for anyone yet?  I still haven't heard anything... They are the last domestic school I'm still waiting on, but they're quickly falling out of favor and into obscurity now that my attention is being focused on other offers... 

Haven't heard anything. Being that they're encouraging those who've already been accepted to make up their minds by the 15th, I'd imagine we'll hear something by the end of the week. Then again, who knows at this point. I'm disappointed they haven't given an explanation as to why they didn't meet their mid-Feb decision date.