BERKELEY GSE 2017

psyforfunfun

3 hours ago, waitnhope said:

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted! Have all of the decisions been released? I applied to the Critical studies of race, class and gender phd program. 

I have received the notification from the graduate school. No emails sent from the department, which seems weird to me,

On 2/22/2017 at 2:37 PM, waitnhope said:

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted! Have all of the decisions been released? I applied to the Critical studies of race, class and gender phd program. 

I applied to the Language, Literacy and Culture PhD and haven't heard anything yet.

To anyone else waiting, the GSE emailed me to reply in reply to a question I sent a month ago. In it they said that they hope to have all admissions decisions out by next week. I don't know if this only refers to PhD (since this is what I enquired about).

good luck everyone who is waiting !

2 hours ago, selenaleee said:

Thanks for passing on the info!

Have they done any interviews? 

No, my question to them was about whether or not they conducted interviews and the response said no and that they hoped all decisions would be out by next week.

44 minutes ago, istanbulnotconstantinople said:

I also got my rejection for the PhD :-(

:( Got several journal, conference, book publications, 6 years of RA experience, 5 years as a high school teacher... Guess my low GRE scores really hurt my applications.

Berkeley is my dream school... and the dream ended with a generic rejection letter. Now it's only NYU and UCLA left - just hoping that there will at least be one acceptance out of my five applications this year.

But anyhow, if I end up receiving nothing, I will try again with a stronger application next year!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, selenaleee said:

:( Got several journal, conference, book publications, 6 years of RA experience, 5 years as a high school teacher... Guess my low GRE scores really hurt my applications.

Berkeley is my dream school... and the dream ended with a generic rejection letter. Now it's only NYU and UCLA left - just hoping that there will at least be one acceptance out of my five applications this year.

But anyhow, if I end up receiving nothing, I will try again with a stronger application next year!!!!!!

I likewise am down to the wire as the only acceptance I have thus far has not come with funding for the first year and unless I get it I can't accept. So I am waiting on the last two with fingers and toes double crossed. Good luck to you too!

Also was rejected. Currently also to my last two (UCLA and Columbia) and only have a Waitlist from USC. A rough cycle, but I guess it just means that I need to learn more.