POI said would make sure to have time to interview me, but not available on final schedule

cmykrgb

So last month I emailed one of my POI and gave him the date I was interviewing. He responded positively and said would make sure he would have time to meet with me during the interview weekend. However, after receiving my itinerary he was not listed as one of the faculty I am interviewing. What do I make of this? Should I email the POI again and ask for a separate interview time?  The coordinator said schedule is still subject to change, should I email her instead? or do I do nothing?

Edited by cmykrgb

I have not been in this situation, but I would reach out to the coordinator first and say that you had corresponded with said faculty member and you would like to meet with him if possible. If she says it's not possible, then I'd email the faculty member.

^ I'd do the above email, but just make it one email to the coordinator, cced to the POI. Say thank you for sending along the schedule and ask if it would be possible to add a meeting with [POI]. Say that you've corresponded and you'd really love the opportunity to meet in person during the visit (at the same time express your understanding if the schedule is such that it can't work). And say you're looking forward. 

Agreed with the above. Sometimes, students visiting us meet with a prof outside of the regular meeting time due to some last minute conflict that prevents the prof from meeting with the students they want. For me, there was one visit where I ended meeting with a prof for coffee the morning after the official visit dates because that was the only viable time.

so to update my situation, I emailed the coordinator and POI separately because I already sent one email to the coordinator before I see @fuzzylogician 's suggestion. The POI got back to me last night and cc'ed the coordinator asking to put me into his list of applicants to interview. It's not finalized yet but seems like it worked out. Thanks everyone for the helpful comments!