Psychology MA | Fall 2017 Applicants

zsiisz

Hi fellow applicants!

I haven't seen many people here discussing Master's programs this year.  I applied to Wake Forest, William & Mary, Villanova, American, Catholic, and Rutgers-Camden. Waiting is making me nervous.  Anyone hear back from those/other programs?

I applied to UT Dallas, University of Oklahoma, UT Tyler, and OSU. All in completely different programs lol. I have an interview invite to OU but haven't heard from the others yet. 

I applied Western Washington, Central Washington, Montana State, University Northern Colorado, Portland State, and Adams State. Adams accepted me, but they accept literally everyone and then interview the second year for some reason (it's my back up). Interviewed already at UNC and MSU, haven't heard back yet. I have upcoming interviews at WWU and CWU, and I rejected the interview at PSU because interviews are expensive!! and it wasn't among my top choices

I applied to Villanova, Rochester, NYU, Teachers College Columbia, and George Washington for masters programs in psych. I got waitlisted at Villanova, accepted into Rochester and GW, and still haven't heard back from the others and its been a while...

3 hours ago, tagneshwar said:

I applied to Villanova, Rochester, NYU, Teachers College Columbia, and George Washington for masters programs in psych. I got waitlisted at Villanova, accepted into Rochester and GW, and still haven't heard back from the others and its been a while...

Congratulations and all the best with the other schools! Did you apply for financial assitantship at Villanova? 

I applied to William&Mary and I had a brief interview with my POI on the phone last week. Starting to get nervous now that I saw someone post an admission on the results page... Wondering if theres any chance the person who posted could pm me their POI's initials?

Best of luck to everyone else! This process is brutal. :mellow:

I applied to William & Mary but haven't heard anything yet. I saw some of you mentioned you did the interview last week. Does it mean rejection for me right now?

I also applied to Villanova. But I have no idea it's a rolling process and just submitted my application today. Will it weaken my possibility of getting in? And there is a worse thing that I was just told I have to submit my credentials evaluation before my application can be reviewed because I'm an international student. But it will take more than one month to get my evaluation. Does that mean I have no chance to be considered of funding?

I applied to William and Mary, Wake Forest, SDSU, and Claremont for Psych MAs.

I've been accepted to William & Mary and Wake Forest so far. At SDSU I've interviewed with 3 POIs and I've heard nothing from Claremont. 

I think my POI at W&M thought we were a really good fit so they contacted me early (about a week after submitting my app). My background and interests are relatively specific though.

I really wanted to go to grad school in CA, but my east coast programs are pretty awesome research and funding-wise so I'm heavily leaning towards those. I guess I'll aim for Cali for the PhD.

I got wait listed at Villanova too :/ I really just want to hear back it's the only master's program I applied to. Otherwise PhD programs and they aren't looking too hot.. 

Hi all,

Congratulations to all accepted :) and good luck to those still waiting!

Here are my updates:

• Villanova: accepted (financial support TBD mid March)
  • Rutgers: accepted with fellowship
  • Catholic: contacted me about missing materials, implying that I'll hear from them once received (hopefully acceptance)

Didn't hear anything from the following: Wake Forest, W&M, and American.  I am debating whether I should contact them to ask about my status.  Anyone have experience e-mailing Wake Forest or W&M?  Do you think it's too soon to ask?  I really want to know, because it will impact my decision! 

Edited by zsiisz

19 hours ago, yogaandpearls06 said:

hey! congrats :) is it the Ed.M in psychological counseling or the MA in clinical? also did you have an interview? I applied to Ed.M Counseling Psych and stil haven't heard anything!

thank you! :) It's the MA in Clinical and no i didn't do an interview. Best of luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...

I also have applied to Texas A&M-Commerce's Clinical Psychology MS and University of North Texas Master of Educational Psychology concentration in Child Life.

• 2 months later...

Interviewed for a few PhD clinical programs, but ultimately admitted to Villanova, American, and TC Columbia. I've 97% decided upon Villanova -- unfortunately it seems as though very few were offered financial assistance and have already been notified :/ So I'm in the Grad PLUS loan process. 

If anyone else is starting at Villanova..let me know!