Self-Study (Interdisciplinary Guy)

Musick

So... I've always been a problem solver. I'm good at it and I love it. I ended up in philosophy and the arts instead of math / computer science though, surprisingly to me if I were to go back in time and tell my high school self this would happen. Anyway, I would like to make up for the computer science coursework I did not do as an undergraduate and I'm wondering...

(Can / How can) I do this now? I'm wondering if someone can recommend a sequence of actions that would lead me to knowing as much computer science / practical coding as someone with a bachelor's degree and/or someone who is employed at the entry level as a software developer. I have heard of a fair number of software developers with degrees other than computer science and limited coursework in it... or no degree at all. But I recognize that times change, progress is made, and perhaps this is less common than it was when various computer technologies were less common/pervasive than they are now.

• 2 weeks later...

here's what i'd do:

find some big name cs schools, find out what their curriculum is, look for the course websites, read thru the syllabus, identify topics, find their textbook, read the textbook, do the practice problems, rinse repeat

or coursera is good too

or follow something like https://www.google.com/about/careers/students/guide-to-technical-development.html