Does it look bad to reject an open house?

Seaz

Hey all,

I was wondering whether it looks bad to reject an open house from a university that I applied to. I have received offers from 2 of my top choices and really do not see myself going to this university that is hosting an open house. The two other programs just have so much more in terms of resources and professorship, my application to this university was a back-up application to a similar field. I RSVP'd a month ago before I got my other acceptances, but I feel weird going to an open house that I have a 99% chance of rejecting. My thought process is that they still have about 10 business days to invite another applicant (if they have one wait listed.)

What do you guys think? Any pros/cons?

Edit: Also, this university did not provide any travel expenses/hotel bookings either. Therefore, it really would not 'lose' them any money...

Edited by Seaz

On 20/02/2017 at 10:24 PM, Blackwater said:

If you're sure you will not be going I wouldn't  waste your or their time and money going. 

On 20/02/2017 at 11:26 PM, rising_star said:

If you don't want to go, don't go. It's that simple.

Hey all,

Thanks for your advice! I decided to not go to the open house, and hopefully contact them soon to let them know my intentions to decline. I am just waiting on a couple other factors before I officially do that.