Fall 2017 Acceptance Thread

tomorrowforgotten

School: University of Houston
Program: Counseling Psychology
Date of Notification: 2/21/17
Method of Notification: Website
Thoughts: I'm really surprised. I didn't feel confident at all after the interview and was fully expecting a mid waitlist position at best. The funding is better than I expected as well! Interestingly I never got an email notification about the offer, I was just checking the website for updates and saw "Decision Released" with no notification letter anywhere; after a few minutes of panic the letter popped up!

School: University of Central Arkansas 
Program: Counseling Psychology
Date of Notification: 2/16/17
Method of Notification: Email
Thoughts: I'm happily surprised. Interviewed via phone call with all the faculty at once which I felt was a death sentence for an acceptance. I wasn't super confident about my interview but I must've done better than expected! More than likely accepting since I can do forensic work! Plus full assistantship, what more can a girl ask for? :)  

25 minutes ago, psychlife4me said:

School: University of Central Arkansas 
Date of Notification: 2/16/17
Method of Notification: Email
Thoughts: I'm happily surprised. Interviewed via phone call with all the faculty at once which I felt was a death sentence for an acceptance. I wasn't super confident about my interview but I must've done better than expected! More than likely accepting since I can do forensic work! Plus full assistantship, what more can a girl ask for? :)  

Congrats!! 

School: Oklahoma State University
Program: Clinical Psychology
Date of Notification: 2/41/17
Method of Notification: Email from DCT/POI
Thoughts: I am very excited to have received an offer. I was uncertain going on the interview if I would like the program/location because I am from the east coast. I loved everything about the school including the program, the current graduate students, and most importantly my POI. I have one more interview, but I am most likely going to accept this

Just now, nervous_nellie said:

Thoughts: I am very excited to have received an offer. I was uncertain going on the interview if I would like the program/location because I am from the east coast. I loved everything about the school including the program, the current graduate students, and most importantly my POI. I have one more interview, but I am most likely going to accept this

Congrats! I'm an Okie born and raised and can say that if you choose to come here, you will be surrounded by the nicest people. Everyone I know in the OSU psych dept loves it. 

37 minutes ago, nervous_nellie said:

Congrats!! I've decided not to attend OSU, but I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! I have family who lives out in that area!

School: University of Michigan
Program: joint psych & women's studies program
Date of Notification: 1/11/17
Method of Notification: personal email
Thoughts: This is my second time applying to grad school and I'm really, really glad I didn't get in the first time. I'm a much stronger applicant now, and because of that I got into my dream program.

School: University of Virginia
Program: community psych
Date of Notification: 2/11/17
Method of Notification: automated and personal email 
Thoughts: Pretty excited to get in, and my advisor/the faculty/the grad students were all really great, but ultimately not the best fit for my interests and career goals. Wrote a really difficult email yesterday telling the PI I was declining the offer.

School: University of Mississippi
Program: clinical psych
Date of Notification: 2/06/17
Method of Notification: phone call followed up with email
Thoughts: This is my third round applying, and I never had so much as 1 interview in previous cycles, and now I've had 4. I'm a little in shock and just so relieved that this is finally happening. Absolutely loved the program, however I absolutely loved one other program I interviewed with too. Still waiting on word from that one, so once I hear back from both of them I'll know where I'll actually be going!

26 minutes ago, tomorrowforgotten said:

Congrats to everyone so far! How soon will people start to look for apartments? 

I think it depends where you go. One place I interviewed was a major college town, and the students told me that when they started trying to find places in May for the upcoming fall they were already almost all taken. Another place I interviewed was a major city, of which the college is a small part of. Those grad students said renters weren't interested in letting you sign a lease until about a month before you needed it, because there's so many places on the market.

4 hours ago, JacobW83 said:

Thoughts: I'm really surprised. I didn't feel confident at all after the interview and was fully expecting a mid waitlist position at best. The funding is better than I expected as well! Interestingly I never got an email notification about the offer, I was just checking the website for updates and saw "Decision Released" with no notification letter anywhere; after a few minutes of panic the letter popped up!

Oh my gosh!! Congrats. It's the best school ever.

School: Georgia Southern University
Program: Clinical Psychology PsyD
Date of Notification: 2/21/17
Method of Notification: Phone Call 
Thoughts: I'm over the moon. I've applied for so many cycles, the first time I applied was in 2008 as a undergrad senior! I can't believe I finally got into a program that provides funding, just feels so surreal. 

7 minutes ago, juhidee119 said:

School: Georgia Southern University
Program: Clinical Psychology PsyD
Date of Notification: 2/21/17
Method of Notification: Phone Call 
Thoughts: I'm over the moon. I've applied for so many cycles, the first time I applied was in 2008 as a undergrad senior! I can't believe I finally got into a program that provides funding, just feels so surreal. 

Congrats! Hope you're enjoying this moment :D

School: University of Toronto
Program: Experimental Psychology (Social psych stream)
Date of Notification: 2/3/17
Method of Notification: Email from PI
Thoughts: Feeling so excited and so lucky!  I had a change of heart during this application season because I applied to several clinical psychology programs and only this one experimental program.  After thinking about it for the past few months, I realized clinical psych wasn't for me and my heart was suddenly set on social psychology.  Very glad I realized before potentially starting a clinical program!  

Congratulations to everyone on their acceptances!

40 minutes ago, js.psych said:

School: University of Toronto
Program: Experimental Psychology (Social psych stream)
Date of Notification: 2/3/17
Method of Notification: Email from PI
Thoughts: Feeling so excited and so lucky!  I had a change of heart during this application season because I applied to several clinical psychology programs and only this one experimental program.  After thinking about it for the past few months, I realized clinical psych wasn't for me and my heart was suddenly set on social psychology.  Very glad I realized before potentially starting a clinical program!  

Congratulations to everyone on their acceptances!

I felt the same way too! I always thought clinical was the only route for me but after interviewing, my heart kept saying counseling. Congrats on your acceptance!!

On 2/21/2017 at 10:42 AM, JacobW83 said:

Congrats!! UH has so many great research centers and groups, I'm jealous! Who was your POI?

Edited by dancedementia

On 2/21/2017 at 10:42 AM, JacobW83 said:

Congratulations! That's awesome. 

School: Arizona State University
Date of Notification: 2/24/17
Method of Notification: Phone call from POI 
Thoughts: To say that I am thrilled is an understatement. This is my #1. I felt such a good fit.

School: West Virginia University
Date of Notification: 2/20/17
Method of Notification: Phone call from DCT 
Thoughts: Hard to say no to such a fantastic program and remarkable faculty.

School: University of Texas at Tyler
Program: Clinical Psychology MS
Date of Notification: 02/24/2017
Method of Notification: Phone call from director
Thoughts: After rejection from 6 doctoral programs I am thrilled to be accepted, especially since my undergrad is not in Psychology. This is a well reputed program that is close to family, and a great option for me. The stress is over. lol 

3 minutes ago, abnumber5 said:

School: University of Texas at Tyler
Program: Clinical Psychology MS
Date of Notification: 02/24/2017
Method of Notification: Phone call from director
Thoughts: After rejection from 6 doctoral programs I am thrilled to be accepted, especially since my undergrad is not in Psychology. This is a well reputed program that is close to family, and a great option for me. The stress is over. lol 

Congrats on the acceptance!

School: Louisiana State University (LSU) 
Date of Notification: 2/2/17
Method of Notification: Phone Call/Email offer letter
Thoughts:  I'm very excited about it! This has been my top program throughout the application cycle so I can't wait to attend. :) The fit was great for me

2 hours ago, DrGirl said:

School: Louisiana State University (LSU) 
Date of Notification: 2/2/17
Method of Notification: Phone Call/Email offer letter
Thoughts:  I'm very excited about it! This has been my top program throughout the application cycle so I can't wait to attend. :) The fit was great for me

Congratulations!