hantoo

Would really appreciate some advice on this: So I was accepted into one of my top choice programs, and I am still waiting to hear about final funding decisions, and I am also waiting to hear back from other programs still, so have not formally accepted the offer. However, the school I was accepted to just sent out assistantship applications for the coming Fall semester, and the deadline to apply is March 3rd. I would like to apply even though I have not accepted the offer, because I want to have additional funding options available to me if possible.

Would it be unwise to apply without having accepted the offer, or to email the graduate coordinator to ask how I should handle the TA application while still waiting on other schools? I just doubt I'll have a response from every school by March 3rd.

I say apply. I was in a similar situation where I wasn't sure if I was going to attend UNLESS I had funding from the uni. They send an email with details to apply and so I did. Ultimately I didn't attend this uni but knowing that this app was sent in for consideration can't hurt. Plus if you decide not to attend, then that uni can give it to another student - or whatever. 

But, yes-Apply. It's money