Penn or Temple Applicants for English PhD 2017?

On 2/21/2017 at 7:12 PM, Wyatt's Terps said:

Pretty sure the ship has sailed on Penn and Rutgers acceptances, alas...

Perhaps there will be some waitlists though? He asks optimistically...

Joining this a little late, but I actually reached out to Penn just to inquire about the general timeline. I expected them to tell me that I was rejected immediately, but, instead, they said the department was reviewing decisions currently and we should all know by March 1. So, maybe there is still hope?Also asking cautiously yet optimistically

Either way, good luck to everyone on here!

43 minutes ago, 2017applicant said:

Joining this a little late, but I actually reached out to Penn just to inquire about the general timeline. I expected them to tell me that I was rejected immediately, but, instead, they said the department was reviewing decisions currently and we should all know by March 1. So, maybe there is still hope?Also asking cautiously yet optimistically

Either way, good luck to everyone on here!

Did you contact the English or the Comp Lit department?

7 minutes ago, piers_plowman said:

Wow, maybe there's hope! And I was almost back to being a productive, functional person, secure in my implied rejections...

Haha, right?! I'm not banking on any delusion, but it DOES seem odd to me that when I reached out, they didn't just reject me automatically. Maybe a WL? Hmmmm who knows...