CSUN MSW 2017 Status, Updates

muttlover3

On 4/2/2017 at 9:31 AM, jp9025h said:

Hello everyone ! Good to hear some of us are already hearing back. I submitted my application on January 6, 2017.

I completed the interview on March 20,2017 and just really wanting to know. This is my top choice of program. I also  applied to CSUB.

Just a little about me .

3 years of experience as a case manager, bilingual in English and Spanish, I'm a male, and graduated from CSUN in 2014. I'm hoping to get into the CSUN full time on campus program.

Best of luck everyone!

Just out of curiosity have you heard anything back from CSUB? I applied to their advanced standing and I'm still waiting to hear back. 

13 hours ago, muttlover3 said:

Hi everyone--I received an acceptance email today!!!!  I interviewed on 3-21.  Now I have to decide between 2-year and 3-year.  Best of luck to all!!!

Congrats!!! I am still waiting to hear back. I interviewed on 3/20

4 hours ago, IV-E MSW said:

Just out of curiosity have you heard anything back from CSUB? I applied to their advanced standing and I'm still waiting to hear back. 

Nope, not yet :(

I hear their cohort is small, 50 full time students and 25 part time students admitted each year. I like that it is a small cohort. Good luck!

8 hours ago, jp9025h said:

Congrats!!! I am still waiting to hear back. I interviewed on 3/20

Thanks so much, jp9025h!  Best wishes to you--please let us know when you hear back!!!!!  Fingers and toes crossed for you!!!!!!!!:D

20 hours ago, jp9025h said:

Nope, not yet :(

I hear their cohort is small, 50 full time students and 25 part time students admitted each year. I like that it is a small cohort. Good luck!

Thanks! Same to you, hopefully we hear back soon. I really want to get into their advanced standing program. Only advanced standing program I applied to ??

2 hours ago, IV-E MSW said:

Thanks! Same to you, hopefully we hear back soon. I really want to get into their advanced standing program. Only advanced standing program I applied to ??

Where else did you apply if you don't mind me asking ? 

20 hours ago, jp9025h said:

Where else did you apply if you don't mind me asking ? 

I applied to CSULB and CSUSB, I got waitlisted for Long Beach and I got admitted into San Bernardino. 

Hi All--

I received my CSUN acceptance email this past Monday! Yay.  It asked that I choose between the 2-year, and 3-year programs, and to get back to them within 7 days. 

Based on everything I've read, I believe that they are accepting folks in groups on a rolling basis. Maybe not, but I read that someone was just invited to interview this past week, which would support my theory. 

Anywho. About me: 36-years-old, employed at an LGBT non profit, BA in Women's and Gender Studies 3.8 GPA, Transnational Research Experience. 

I also got accepted into CSULA's program, but my gut said CSUN, so CSUN it is. Always listen to your gut, ps! 

Congrats to everyone who got it! Can't wait to meet you all. 

Sending good thoughts to those still waiting patiently. 

11 hours ago, bball33 said:

Hi all,

Has anyone done the internship interview for CSUN yet? I have one scheduled for the end of this month but have no idea how to prepare. 

I completed the geographic survey today. How long did it take you to receive the doodle calendar email to schedule your interview after completing the survey? 

1 hour ago, Revolver87 said:

I completed the geographic survey today. How long did it take you to receive the doodle calendar email to schedule your interview after completing the survey? 

I think I got an email the next day for the doodle calendar. 

Edited by bball33

12 hours ago, bball33 said:

I think I got an email the next day for the doodle calendar. 

Scheduled my interview for the first week of May but I'm in the same boat...no clue how to prep for this interview. Did you get the Intern Placement Tracking (IPT) log in information???

11 hours ago, Revolver87 said:

Scheduled my interview for the first week of May but I'm in the same boat...no clue how to prep for this interview. Did you get the Intern Placement Tracking (IPT) log in information???

Yeah I got the IPT but haven't completed it yet. I'm wondering if it's just an interview asking us about our experience, so they can have a better picture of us.