Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

  • Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Search forums
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
les1ie

CSUF MSW Fall 2017

108 posts in this topic

My interview was super short! Anyone else had this experience?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Damd92 said:

My interview was super short! Anyone else had this experience?

For CSUF? Mine was about 15-20 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, C22 said:

For CSUF? Mine was about 15-20 minutes.

Yea, mine was 5-10 minutes. I don't know if that's good or bad. 🤷🏽‍♀️ 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Damd92 said:

Yea, mine was 5-10 minutes. I don't know if that's good or bad. 🤷🏽‍♀️ 😳

Well it probably depends on how thorough you were with your answers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What kind of questions can you expect on the interview? So far, the things I've noticed are: Why social work, Why (your preferred specialization), do you work full-time, and do you have any questions for me

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Thursday, May 04, 2017 at 2:29 PM, Damd92 said:

Yea, mine was 5-10 minutes. I don't know if that's good or bad. 🤷🏽‍♀️ 😳

What questions did they ask you? My interview was 15-20 minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I couldn't wait for  my status to be changed. Was almost getting sick... Decided to take up smth meanwhile and suddenly got to hospital. Can you imagine how nervous I  was there?  Got out from that clinic just in two days before my interview...

Btw, I don't know, I'm new here.May be I should have started a new thread... but how ever. I'm still very nervous about what had happened to me, I meen that hospital on the edge of my interview. I must admit the stuff was very good there and they understood my worries
May be some of you had some experience  just like me and could share it with me? Where did it happen to you, what helped you? To me, it was a strong back pain, so I had to contact https://frontlineer.com/ it was the nearest urgent care in Dallas Texas. There began the whole routine with X-ray, staying in  bed... injections... I had to undergo the whole stuff. But the only thing in my had was my application 

Edited by Beehelp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Grad2017 said:

What questions did they ask you? My interview was 15-20 minutes. 

They asked me why social work ..what do I see myself doing with my MSW ...what skills do I have to succeed in the program.. and what would be a difficult population to work with...and also general questions like if I'm willing to drive to internship and if i can participate in the class for summer program (flex/part time)

Edited by Damd92
Typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Damd92 said:

They asked me why social work ..what do I see myself doing with my MSW ...what skills do I have to succeed in the program.. and what would be a difficult population to work with...and also general questions like if I'm willing to drive to internship and if i can participate in the class for summer program (flex/part time)

How do you feel it went? My interview was a little over a week ago and haven't heard anything yet. I am a little worried since most people are accepted 1-2 weeks after interview. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grad2017 said:

How do you feel it went? My interview was a little over a week ago and haven't heard anything yet. I am a little worried since most people are accepted 1-2 weeks after interview. 

I think it went well considering that I prepared as much as possible, but since it was short, it makes me doubt myself. It hasn't been a week yet for me so just being patient for now. Did u get asked the same questions? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 5:01 PM, suremeansyes said:

No, I graduated in 2016 from CSULA with degrees in Sociology and Pan African studies. I blanked out on a word 3 times during my interview. Embarrassing!!!

20170411_165342.jpg

Have you heard back yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Damd92 said:

They asked me why social work ..what do I see myself doing with my MSW ...what skills do I have to succeed in the program.. and what would be a difficult population to work with...and also general questions like if I'm willing to drive to internship and if i can participate in the class for summer program (flex/part time)

My questions were a little different, but I applied for full-time. I am not sure if that makes a difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Grad2017 said:

My questions were a little different, but I applied for full-time. I am not sure if that makes a difference. 

what were you asked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it bad if I call and ask for a status of my application?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Neeks said:

what were you asked?

I was asked why social work... why my concentration. I can't remember what else... I was really nervous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grad2017 said:

Is it bad if I call and ask for a status of my application?

I don't think they will say much, but if it'll make you feel better, I don't see why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Damd92 said:

I don't think they will say much, but if it'll make you feel better, I don't see why not?

I called... they didn't answer. I am getting worried. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I interviewed last month and have still not heard anything :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KA.Z said:

I interviewed last month and have still not heard anything :/

I wonder if they have sent out any acceptances recently. It seems like a majority of people on here have heard back within a week or two... I am stressing out :( did you apply for full-time or part-time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I interviewed a month ago for full time. I am completely stressed out 😞

Did you apply for full or part time? 

Edited by KA.Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

How many people on here have already heard back and accepted? Has anyone heard they have not been accepted? 

Edited by KA.Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2017 at 6:53 PM, Damd92 said:

My interview was super short! Anyone else had this experience?

Mine was very short as well. Probably 15 minutes   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KA.Z said:

How many people on here have already heard back and accepted? Has anyone heard they have not been accepted? 

I interviewed for the part time program on April 4th and was accepted April 10th, however when I interviewed I was told everyone would know their status by the end of May. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C22 said:

I interviewed for the part time program on April 4th and was accepted April 10th, however when I interviewed I was told everyone would know their status by the end of May. 

Congratulations... what a pleasant surprise 💝👍🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was interviewed on April 27th and was accepted May 10th for full-time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now