Question about a skype interview for UC Davis BMCDB program

tsatsang2129

So I applied for the UC Davis BMCDB program, for so long there's no reply and I saw on the admission result page that some people are invited to interviews and some already got admitted ...so I thought there's no chance

But then suddenly a Professor (my top choice!!) email me and said he saw my application and would like to skype with me

im very excited obviously. But then I remember that this program have a lab rotation element, which I always thought it means that only the admission committee is making the decision , not individual PI...

im still very excited and would like to ask him so many questions regarding his research, but parts of me also wonder whether this means anything -- he didn't mention that the Skype was an interview, just that he'd like to talk to me , and I haven't received anything from the general admission team...

any thoughts??

does anyone applying to program with lab rotation element also have this experience where an individual PI want to Skype with you..?