McGill Master of Information Studies Fall 2017

myrmidonqueen

I see no one has started a discussion about those who have applied to McGill's MISt program, so I'm taking it upon myself to do so!

Mostly, I just don't wanna feel alone in this waiting process.

Has anyone else applied for this program? I applied back in October and honestly I am not expecting to hear anything back soon since the deadline is April 1st.

I am an international student. I applied around 2 weeks back and got an acceptance a day back. But I do not really know how the program is. I would really appreciate any information on how this program is rated by the prospective employers and other schools in general (in case one would later apply for Phd).

Thanks

1 hour ago, bluefalcon said:

I am an international student. I applied around 2 weeks back and got an acceptance a day back. But I do not really know how the program is. I would really appreciate any information on how this program is rated by the prospective employers and other schools in general (in case one would later apply for Phd).

Thanks

Hi! You applied for the Master of Information and already received a response? Lucky you! I think the deadline for international students is sooner though, which explains that.

I actually don't know how the program is rated by prospective employers but I know it's accredited by the American Library Association which is pretty good.

23 hours ago, gabiaconetti said:

Hi! You applied for the Master of Information and already received a response? Lucky you! I think the deadline for international students is sooner though, which explains that.

I actually don't know how the program is rated by prospective employers but I know it's accredited by the American Library Association which is pretty good.

I am interested in working as an Information Architect or user experience designer but I am unable to find information about how the industry views MISt program and where do the alumni work. Do you know any sources from where I can find that information. I have to confirm that I want to attend the program by 5th March and I have couple of acceptances from US colleges, so I am bit confused about what to do.

2 hours ago, bluefalcon said:

I am interested in working as an Information Architect or user experience designer but I am unable to find information about how the industry views MISt program and where do the alumni work. Do you know any sources from where I can find that information. I have to confirm that I want to attend the program by 5th March and I have couple of acceptances from US colleges, so I am bit confused about what to do.

The best advice I can give you is to go the school's page and read about it! That's where you'll find all of the relevant info :)

On 2/26/2017 at 2:40 AM, bluefalcon said:

Hi! I'm also interested in working as a UX designer, did you apply for the MI program at U of T as well?

9 hours ago, M.gooseberry said:

Hi! I'm also interested in working as a UX designer, did you apply for the MI program at U of T as well?

No, Mcgill is the only school in Canada that I applied to. I applied to schools in the US and decided quite late to explore options in Canada.