Whitney ISP 2017

Little-bird

Hi all! I'm wondering if anyone has any information about the Whitney ISP program (specifically the curatorial and critical studies program)? I know it's very competitive, and am hoping a successful past applicant can give some pointers as to what the program is looking for / the general interests of their cohort and a sense of where participants in their careers.

To give some background: I'm curatorial intern at MoMA right now, got my BA in Art History and Theory in 2013 and worked as an associate director of a contemporary gallery for three years. I'm starting at NYU's museum studies MA in the fall (deferred for a year, which is how I know I'm accepted), and plan to pursue an Art History PhD at Columbia or NYU afterwards. I'm most interested in the critical studies program, and am mainly wondering if it would be prudent to wait until I've done at least part of my masters.