College of St Rose

Hey!

I got phone call yesterday afternoon informing me that I've been accepted into the College of St Rose! I am super excited because I loved the school when I visited for the interview and was extremely impressed with all of the speciality clinics they offer. I am basically 90% positive I am going to attend in the fall and wanted to find out who else will be attending with me! Good luck and congratulations to all!

Did anyone else receive their e-mail of missing pre-reqs today? I was basically 90% positive I was going to commit to this program but now I found out they want me taking 11 credits of pre-reqs (speech sound disorders, fluency, educational psych, and a chem/physics) , which would add on an extra semester of school. I am very disappointed, especially being that I completed my undergraduate degree in communication disorders and never thought I would have to be required to take four extra courses in grad school. 

Does anyone know any schools that offer these courses online? I can always take chem/physics at my local community college but the other three I am not so sure about. Thank you!

Edited by Jesscee143

2 minutes ago, Jesscee143 said:

Did anyone else receive their e-mail of missing pre-reqs today? I was basically 90% positive I was going to commit to this program but now I found out they want me taking 11 credits of pre-reqs (speech sound disorders, fluency, educational psych, and a chem/physics) , which would add on an extra semester of school. I am very disappointed, especially being that I completed my undergraduate degree in communication disorders and never thought I would have to be required to take four extra courses in grad school. 

I also got accepted into st. rose but there are 4 additional pre-requisite courses I would have to take. I'm likely not going to accept this offer for that reason and hope other schools won't have as many pre-reqs. 

Yeah getting that email was certainly a bummer haha. I wrongly assumed as a CSD undergraduate that I wouldn't have any undergraduate prerequisites left, ESPECIALLY not 4. If anyone knows where we could take the courses online that information would be greatly appreciated! I'm assuming that if St. Rose offered these courses online or in the summer semester they would have noted that in the email (ugh). Still love the school though and will definitely be attending :) 

1 hour ago, Jesscee143 said:

Does anyone know any schools that offer these courses online? I can always take chem/physics at my local community college but the other three I am not so sure about. Thank you!

This happened to my friend that went there even though she had an undergrad in comm disorders too. She had to start literally right after she graduated from undergrad and move there like a week later to start taking the classes, and I think she ended up having to stay in a dorm because she didn't have time to find somewhere to live!

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2017 at 6:03 PM, speechiekeen43 said:

Yeah getting that email was certainly a bummer haha. I wrongly assumed as a CSD undergraduate that I wouldn't have any undergraduate prerequisites left, ESPECIALLY not 4. If anyone knows where we could take the courses online that information would be greatly appreciated! I'm assuming that if St. Rose offered these courses online or in the summer semester they would have noted that in the email (ugh). Still love the school though and will definitely be attending :) 

Hello! I am currently attending St. Rose for the CSD grad program and just thought I would offer some insight into the prerequisites. Although it does seem daunting, there required courses are well worth your while and without a doubt help you to be successful throughout the program. It outlines the college's and the supervisor's expectations and preferences and corresponds almost exactly with other graduate courses you will be required to take. I also had a BA in CSD and was hesitant to accept the offer; however, it had always been my top choice so I accepted. Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions about the program! 

Also, my roommate and I are currently looking for a 3rd roommate to fill a room in our house for next semester, so if anyone is interested please feel free to contact me. Or feel free to pass along my information. We would love another girl from the program since its been so nice to all talk about our days together at night! IT makes for a great living experience having the same experiences!

Thank you!

Jenn 

harpj961@strose.edu

Hey Jenn!

Thanks for the info! In regards to the prerequisites, were they packed into your first semester or are they spread out throughout the semesters? It’s reassuring to hear that you found them useful!

Also, what is the schedule like (how many days per week, how late do classes go, etc)? My boyfriend and I live about 50 minutes south of Albany and we’ve been trying to decide whether I should accept the commute or move into Albany (I’m definitely leaning toward moving into Albany haha). Do you think that commute is realistic given a typical schedule with clinic and classes? 

Last question for now, is there anything you would recommend doing before school starts to be better prepared for the first semester? 

Thanks in advance :-)  

• 11 months later...

Hi, 

I know this post was from last year. But did any of you end up going to St. Rose? And where did you go to undergrad where the prerequisites were not mad? Did these throw off your schedule? And did you have to take them before you started ?

Looking to apply for Spring 2019

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2018 at 1:21 PM, LeahMcl said:

Hi, 

I know this post was from last year. But did any of you end up going to St. Rose? And where did you go to undergrad where the prerequisites were not mad? Did these throw off your schedule? And did you have to take them before you started ?

Looking to apply for Spring 2019

I was accepted for the fall 2018 and have to take two pre-reqs.  Every grad program has different pre-reqs so not every undergrad (or post-bacc program) will offer them all.  One of my pre-reqs is education based since I don't have those classes in my background.  The good thing about this program is you can take the pre-reqs with the grad classes (so you don't have to rush to finish them before you start). 

• 7 months later...