@Spzr Thanks for the information. I was speaking with an alumni of UofT MI program and he mentioned the same thing. However, even he wasn't sure if everyone gets to choose the co-op option since there are multiple interviews and stuff. 

1 hour ago, Nick.lb said:

Hey, so I'm guessing you're a current student at the iSchool? To my understanding, you moved out of the Grad House since last year?

Nope, I was doing an MA a little over a year ago and one of my friends was staying there. I lived on my own (expensive, but funding) which isn't really much of an option this time, so I'm looking at cheaper options. Anyway, don't take my word for gold, I could be completely wrong, but from my understanding they are less restrictive than your typical undergrad residence. The handbook also seems to convey this.

@Taylorski @Spzr Thanks for the information! I did my exchange study in Waterloo back in 2013 and have since visited my bf a couple of times but never got to stay for the real winter part (January to March I assume?). I was guessing Toronto would be a bit better because it's a big city and thus would have better road conditions. 

@Legacy23 @frannyt I have a friend who is currently finishing up the degree and he told me the MI program accepts about 200 people per year...which I think is utterly massive for a masters program....but I guess it's typical UofT? lol....He is in the UXD concentration and he mentioned that there was more coop opportunities for the class of 2018 and he imagines there will be even more for the class of 2019.

@M.gooseberry 200 is definitely a lot for a masters.  But I know it's a larger program because it's course based as opposed to thesis only. That being said, they did mention at the meet and greet that the number of applications this year has gone up quite a bit and they are trying to reduce the number of acceptances compared to last year (could explain why it's taking longer this time around to give back responses). 

@Legacy23 yeah by not promoting I mean they didn't talk about it much at the meet and greet or anything.  But I agree with @M.gooseberry that coop options will probably increase every year (its still pretty new based on my understanding).

@M.gooseberry At the meet and greet they said that they accepted too many people last year, and that this year they're actually cutting down on the number of acceptances

@Legacy23 for the coop option they basically said its a good option if you know what you want to do, but that having two work terms definitely limits you if you want to take different things and are taking different types of classes. Also I'm coming from literally an hour away from Toronto :P

Edited by Taylorski

5 hours ago, heyheyyou said:

Anyone else here still waiting it out for a decision? I'm getting so anxious about it! I'm just hoping it means that if they wanted to reject me they would have by now. 

I applied back in November, still waiting. And you're right, if you were rejected you would have been told so. Did you email Andrea asking about the status of your application?

For those who applied for TALint, I just got called for an interview next week for one of the new position! So excited, wish me luck!

1 hour ago, Spzr said:

For those who applied for TALint, I just got called for an interview next week for one of the new position! So excited, wish me luck!

GOOD LUCK!!! (so sad i missed the second deadline.... hope you get it!) 

Hi everyone,

I applied to the UXD concentration, did any else apply to the UXD concentration? Would love to hear what kind of professional background you guys are coming from?

I wrote to Andrea earlier this week and she said that my application is still being reviewed. :)

On 4/5/2017 at 7:58 AM, heyheyyou said:

Anyone else here still waiting it out for a decision? I'm getting so anxious about it! I'm just hoping it means that if they wanted to reject me they would have by now. 

Me too @heyheyyou. :(

12 minutes ago, dobby_wesealy said:

Hi guys,

Do you guys know if the admission to the UXD concentration is competitive? Hola if you applied/are accepted to the UXD concentration.

Thanks,

Taufiq

Hey Taufiq,

I don't think your admission to the iSchool is based on the concentration you're applying to. Maybe each concentration has a student quota though, not sure. Where are you from btw

On 4/11/2017 at 7:11 PM, Nick.lb said:

Hey Taufiq,

I don't think your admission to the iSchool is based on the concentration you're applying to. Maybe each concentration has a student quota though, not sure. Where are you from btw

Hi Nick,

Noce to meet you. I am from India. I wish I knew how competitive the Master in Information program is, cause its the only school I have applied to :)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/taufeeqsheik/

9 minutes ago, dobby_wesealy said:

Hi Nick,

Noce to meet you. I am from India. I wish I knew how competitive the Master in Information program is, cause its the only school I have applied to :)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/taufeeqsheik/

Nice to meet you too. When did you submit your application? I didn't know it was such a demanded masters degree either 

1 minute ago, Nick.lb said:

Nice to meet you too. When did you submit your application? I didn't know it was such a demanded masters degree either 

I submitted my application in Feb. Currently there are very few UX programs in the world, most of them are in the US. Over the past 2 years, I prepared really hard to apply to the schools in the US but then Trump happened. Canada has only 3 grad programs in UX UToronto has one, UniCarleton has two programs.

Hey Guys, 

Has anyone heard anything about awards or funding yet? I feel like I saw someone mention that they said at the meet and greet that they would be announcing those decisions this week but I could be making that up...