1 minute ago, urbanfarmer said:

Two years ago, I got accepted to the phd program on March 13-- they take a while! And I'd assume MA acceptances generally come out an it after PhD results?

Thank you! My feeling is that PhD decisions come out first, too... :/ --- UW is, of course, one of my top choices. Naturally, it'd be the last one I'd hear back from!

4 hours ago, Little Earthquakes said:

I am attending UW as a first year PhD student, and I received my decision on March 2nd 2016. So I would say it's safe to say that decisions will be out by March 15th at the latest!

I am starting to worry that UW is an implied rejection for me :( I will have my MA by the end of this year so I applied straight into the PhD program and it looks like they've already sent out some acceptances.. Do they usually do them all at once? 

35 minutes ago, clinamen said:

I am starting to worry that UW is an implied rejection for me :( I will have my MA by the end of this year so I applied straight into the PhD program and it looks like they've already sent out some acceptances.. Do they usually do them all at once? 

I am certain that the decisions do come out in waves but I have no idea how it breaks down. Regardless, I wouldn't lose hope yet! 

1 hour ago, Little Earthquakes said:

I am certain that the decisions do come out in waves but I have no idea how it breaks down. Regardless, I wouldn't lose hope yet! 

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate the response. I will hold onto a small amount of hope -- fingers crossed!! An acceptance at UW would make my life! 

10 hours ago, clinamen said:

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate the response. I will hold onto a small amount of hope -- fingers crossed!! An acceptance at UW would make my life! 

It was my #1 choice on the west coast outside of CA, and I really never thought I'd get in, which is why I almost didn't apply. So good luck waiting!!! Hang in there.

9 minutes ago, garnet7 said:

hey, I was one of the acceptances. I got into the MA/PhD program, I'm applying straight out of a BA but my portal now says that I am accepted for the PhD program. I didn't hear anything about them having given out all their acceptances, fingers crossed for both of you! 

Congratulations!! I am also a BA applicant and am hoping to hear good news. My portal still only says submitted. 

On 3/4/2017 at 1:27 PM, garnet7 said:

hey, I was one of the acceptances. I got into the MA/PhD program, I'm applying straight out of a BA but my portal now says that I am accepted for the PhD program. I didn't hear anything about them having given out all their acceptances, fingers crossed for both of you! 

I was the MA who reported. (I'm apparently studying Literatureish. Thanks autocorrect.) My portal also says I'm accepted to the PhD program. Good luck to everyone else! I hope you hear soon. 

3 hours ago, natalielouise said:

I don't know if it's legit or not but someone posted on the board that they called U of Washington and the DGS said all the funded offers have gone out, but they're still making admissions decisions. Just thought I would let you guys know! I'm also still waiting :s 

I saw that too. Wasn't that a PhD post? Does that mean anyone applying to the MA won't get a funding offer?

6 minutes ago, TaylorElizabeth said:

I saw that too. Wasn't that a PhD post? Does that mean anyone applying to the MA won't get a funding offer?

I am not sure but I think it's possible, as some MA applicants have already been admitted with funding. :( we'll see, I guess! 

1 hour ago, Gray Under Gray said:

I reached out to the English department and found out that although they are sending out acceptances daily, anyone that's accepted now will not receive funding :(:(:(

I was tempted to reach out to the department myself, so I am happy to see that you did... but that's really concerning that there won't be any more funding offers.

6 minutes ago, TaylorElizabeth said:

I was tempted to reach out to the department myself, so I am happy to see that you did... but that's really concerning that there won't be any more funding offers.

I am wondering if they have a waitlist for funding? I wonder how much longer they're making offers and why they are doing just a few a day if they've already made the admissions decisions (which I'm assuming they did in order to making funding decisions)

1 minute ago, natalielouise said:

I am wondering if they have a waitlist for funding? I wonder how much longer they're making offers and why they are doing just a few a day if they've already made the admissions decisions (which I'm assuming they did in order to making funding decisions)

I'm wondering that too. If they've already made decisions, I wish they would just send them out. I'd read about them doing it in stages so that they don't accept too many people and whatnot, but I don't know... Does funding just mean scholarships and stipends? Can we still apply for assistantships? For some schools, it's separate; for others, together...

2 hours ago, TaylorElizabeth said:

I'm wondering that too. If they've already made decisions, I wish they would just send them out. I'd read about them doing it in stages so that they don't accept too many people and whatnot, but I don't know... Does funding just mean scholarships and stipends? Can we still apply for assistantships? For some schools, it's separate; for others, together...

2 hours ago, natalielouise said:

It's strange. This is exactly what was said, "We have made some offers of admission already, but I don't see a decision for you yet. The only information I have now is that any additional offers of admission we release would be without funding."  It seems really odd to me that they still haven't finished admitting people, but funding is already concluded???  But that's what it seems like... 

7 hours ago, Gray Under Gray said:

It's strange. This is exactly what was said, "We have made some offers of admission already, but I don't see a decision for you yet. The only information I have now is that any additional offers of admission we release would be without funding."  It seems really odd to me that they still haven't finished admitting people, but funding is already concluded???  But that's what it seems like... 

I've been very confused by their process and wish it was more transparent. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!

I saw a few rejections go up on the results page for UW on Friday but I haven't heard anything yet.. They're probably just sending out rejections in groups, but of course, I'm fantasizing it's a secret waitlist spot :/ .. ahh the desperation is real. 

On 3/13/2017 at 3:22 PM, clinamen said:

I saw a few rejections go up on the results page for UW on Friday but I haven't heard anything yet.. They're probably just sending out rejections in groups, but of course, I'm fantasizing it's a secret waitlist spot :/ .. ahh the desperation is real. 

Still nothing here either. I wish they'd just finish up.