Stony Brook University

Gee_

6 minutes ago, Tay89 said:

Hello , everyone

I am waiting for a response as well, but i was told that the deadline was extended until April 1 , 2017, but they are notifying applicants from now until May. That is what a friend told me, when she contacted them this morning.

I don't think I can wait till May. :unsure:

I have no choice until one of the school that i applied to give me a response.. i just hate having to wait so long .

Lehman will start contacting applicants in about two weeks , so hopefully i get accepted ..but i really want to attend Stony Brook

1 hour ago, AdeMSW said:

if I don't hear nothing by next Wednesday I will have to put my deposit for Fordham for the Fall.

Once again, I suggest calling.

On Mon Mar 20 2017 at 2:37 PM, AdeMSW said:

I just called and they said that my application is under review right. The lady stated hopefully I should hear something soon. I need this to be over now

Any updates @AdeMSW?

4 minutes ago, AdeMSW said:

@Gee_No not yet!

:unsure: I was really hoping you wouldn't have to put down the deposit for Fordham. 

The waiting game continues smh. 

41 minutes ago, AdeMSW said:

@Gee_Me too girl! They have a few more days or I'm going to put deposit down

Better be safe than sorry. It's best to hold your place then to have nothing. I am still very hopeful though. I spoke with someone from SBU and they have pushed registration for MSW students until June (Instead of March 29th). So I guess they're still working on going through all the applications. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow applicants, hopefully by now you have heard back from your top school. Just a lil update, I'll be calling SBU today to withdraw my attendance confirmation (I had accepted their offer). I'll be attending Hunter College. Best of luck to you! 

Hey everyone, so this afternoon I got a email from Stony Brook with their acceptance. I'm happy but I don't know what to do because I already gave Fordham my deposit 2weeks ago. Help!!!

18 minutes ago, AdeMSW said:

Hey everyone, so this afternoon I got a email from Stony Brook with their acceptance. I'm happy but I don't know what to do because I already gave Fordham my deposit 2weeks ago. Help!!!

Congratulations Ade!!!!!! What is your goal? LMSW or LCSW? Also, how much in debt are you willing to be? Remember, SBU is like 3 or 4 times cheaper than Fordham. 

@Gee_ Thank you. My goal is to get me LCSW. But I already put my $250 deposit March 30 for Fordham and I don't think it's refundable☹️. I have figure out what is best. I love both schools

6 hours ago, AdeMSW said:

@Gee_ Thank you. My goal is to get me LCSW. But I already put my $250 deposit March 30 for Fordham and I don't think it's refundable☹️. I have figure out what is best. I love both schools

If that's the case I highly recommend Fordham. Well, that's if you were admired into the clinical track at Fordham. Stony Brook seems to have only two or 3 courses that covers clinical subjects. But i could be wrong since i was only looking into the advanved program. Did you hear from Hunter yet? 

On 4/16/2017 at 0:59 AM, Gee_ said:

If that's the case I highly recommend Fordham. Well, that's if you were admired into the clinical track at Fordham. Stony Brook seems to have only two or 3 courses that covers clinical subjects. But i could be wrong since i was only looking into the advanved program. Did you hear from Hunter yet? 

Hey Gee_ I did get accepted into the Clinical track at Fordham. I just got a email from Hunter but I don't think I want to go to Hunter

6 minutes ago, AdeMSW said:

Hey Gee_ I did get accepted into the Clinical track at Fordham. I just got a email from Hunter but I don't think I want to go to Hunter

& that's okay. I'd probably opt out of Hunter if they kept me waiting for too long. I'm glad you have made a decision. 

• 11 months later...
On 3/2/2017 at 10:33 PM, Gee_ said:

I was accepted to Fordham too but I think I'll decline. That was my back up school. Lehman is great. As a matter of fact, that's where I got my BSW so I guess I'm being bias lol. 

I finally heard from Stony brook and I was accepted!!!!! 

If you're attending Lehman for MSW, can you tell me if its good so far?