UW MSW 2017 Applicants

ryyc

3 minutes ago, mlm23 said:

Also waiting! Those who've already been admitted: did you find out about financial aid with your acceptance, or is that sent later?

I haven't gotten my results yet, but from prior forums it sounds like financial aid is not sent out until later (sometimes as late as April/May) and that it is limited and mostly loans... but that's just info I've gathered from the forums :)

I was admitted to Berkeley today (YAY!!!!) with a fellowship, which is very exciting and makes the decision difficult. Not hearing back from UW is driving me a little nuts, although now that I've at least heard from Berkeley I'm able to breath again lol. 

1 minute ago, KaylaJay said:

I haven't gotten my results yet, but from prior forums it sounds like financial aid is not sent out until later (sometimes as late as April/May) and that it is limited and mostly loans... but that's just info I've gathered from the forums :)

I was admitted to Berkeley today (YAY!!!!) with a fellowship, which is very exciting and makes the decision difficult. Not hearing back from UW is driving me a little nuts, although now that I've at least heard from Berkeley I'm able to breath again lol. 

Ok, thanks! I'm a WA resident anyway, so without any aid it'd still be wayyyyyyyy more affordable than my other options. Congrats on Berkeley!!

26 minutes ago, Anne_Kathleen said:

Got an email this evening stating that I have been accepted to the day program! No word on financial aid yet.

OMG congratulations! That is so exciting! At what time did you hear back? 

I was accepted into the day program as well!!!!!! Just got the e-mail this evening. I am so excited!

Although no word on funding is a bit tough, hoping to hear back about that one soon. It feels awesome to be accepted though!

Hey all! 

I was accepted 3/14. They didnt include the financial aid in the email, but they will send out a notice literally the next day. I spoke with the financial aid office, a  rep. talked me through my options and was very pleasant and upfront. I now have my financial aid award letter. 

Waiting on schools for responses: Portland State, San Jose State 

10 minutes ago, TBMSW2017 said:

Hey all! 

I was accepted 3/14. They didnt include the financial aid in the email, but they will send out a notice literally the next day. I spoke with the financial aid office, a  rep. talked me through my options and was very pleasant and upfront. I now have my financial aid award letter. 

Did you just call the UW financial aid office and ask about what you have been awarded? 

Edited by Anne_Kathleen

Congratulations everybody!!! It's all super exciting. Anyone else still waiting? I hope they release results soon! I don't know how much more waiting I can take. 

2 hours ago, ryyc said:

Congratulations everybody!!! It's all super exciting. Anyone else still waiting? I hope they release results soon! I don't know how much more waiting I can take. 

I'm still waiting too. They're the only program out of 6 I haven't heard from yet, and if I get in I'll definitely go, so it's nerve-wracking!

1 hour ago, mlm23 said:

I'm still waiting too. They're the only program out of 6 I haven't heard from yet, and if I get in I'll definitely go, so it's nerve-wracking!

Argh yes, I'm exactly the same. If I get in I'll definitely go.  What schools have you been accepted to? So far I have been accepted to UCLA and Columbia, but I'm really hoping for UW. 

14 minutes ago, ryyc said:

Argh yes, I'm exactly the same. If I get in I'll definitely go.  What schools have you been accepted to? So far I have been accepted to UCLA and Columbia, but I'm really hoping for UW. 

I've been accepted to Columbia, NYU, U Mich, U Chicago, and Seattle U. Would love to go to Columbia, but regardless of how their fin aid turns out I don't know how I could justify the cost

Anyone hear about rejection or waitlist yet? Does not hearing by now about the 2 or 3 year option mean that I'm likely rejected? Is it common for them to send waves of acceptances?

32 minutes ago, tilpro said:

Anyone hear about rejection or waitlist yet? Does not hearing by now about the 2 or 3 year option mean that I'm likely rejected? Is it common for them to send waves of acceptances?

Still waiting here. I called in this morning and the person I spoke to said they review applications on a rolling basis and so I assume they kind of judge it on the spot and make a decision. I'm guessing they have been sending acceptances, rejections and waitlists in waves. Don't lose hope! Although the wait definitely feels discouraging...

I just got my acceptance today, about an hour ago. I applied for the 3 year program with the weekend option as my first choice and evening program as my second choice - my acceptance email said I was chosen for the evening program. I'm not sure if this is negotiable but I guess I'll make it work.

For those that are still waiting, hang in there!

1 minute ago, Rose2017 said:

Same here - are you going to stay on the waitlist?

Yes, definitely because UW would be my best option financially. But in the meantime, I'll figure out my second choice and put down a deposit. What are you thinking?