Hi all! I am waitlisted at George Washington. Does anyone have any knowledge and/or experience with this particular waitlist? I've heard GW is unique in how they handle this compared to other programs. Essentially, what are the chances of being accepted off their waitlist? How robust of a waitlist is it (seems fairly large given the number of results posted)? Should one remain silent or reach out to the department/POIs at a certain point? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but be prepared to wait a while. Sometimes till April 15. I have been on their waitlist before and it was really quiet on their front. I sent emails and they kept responding with the fact that they had no new information yet. It really depends on if those students  accepted turn down offers. 

On 3/8/2017 at 2:32 PM, DoK said:

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but be prepared to wait a while. Sometimes till April 15. I have been on their waitlist before and it was really quiet on their front. I sent emails and they kept responding with the fact that they had no new information yet. It really depends on if those students  accepted turn down offers. 

did you get in, bro? ?

15 hours ago, Wongs said:

did you get in, bro? ?

I had other offers and just accepted one of those on the deadline. So I never really waited to hear what they had to say when by April 15 they had not taken me off the waitlist or rejected me.