Berkeley Goldman MPP 2017

Foj

Thought it was strange that there isn't a thread for Goldman this year, so I'm just starting one! Anyone else waiting on Goldman? Any guesses when the results will be out?

Current Goldman student.  On Friday, I talked with the person who will press "send" on the decision e-mails.  They're working on it.  Think they meant to send them out the other day but something went wrong with the system.

Hey @mfmpp , thanks for the update. Can you please get an update from the person concerned again? Having been through the process, I'm sure you understand our anxiety :)

I'm done with all this waiting too. I just want to know. I hope it comes out early this week. 

Also, RE: funding-- I heard they are selective with their merit scholarships but if you do get them, they are quite generous. Otherwise, since it is a state school, it is not nearly as expensive as its private counterparts (e.g. HKS). Especially with in-state tuition in your second year. 

29 minutes ago, fallmpp2017 said:

I'm done with all this waiting too. I just want to know. I hope it comes out early this week. 

Also, RE: funding-- I heard they are selective with their merit scholarships but if you do get them, they are quite generous. Otherwise, since it is a state school, it is not nearly as expensive as its private counterparts (e.g. HKS). Especially with in-state tuition in your second year. 

Thanks for the info! 
Historically, Goldman seems to be the one releasing decisions earlier than other schools like HKS, WWS or SIPA. Maybe today is the today! 

Got notification, was rejected. Sigh. But results should be coming out soon, so all the best to you guys!

Edited by Foj

Accepted! I am totally shocked. No funding though... I will probably have to go with a full ride to USC Price, debt free is just so appealing. I will probably try to negotiate with Berkeley. Even with in state tuition thats about $50,000 in debt on tuition alone, not to mention living in the bay. What are other people thinking? Anyone else struggling with tough decisions haha