What Schools Are You Waiting On!?

30 minutes ago, vmslp2b said:

You and me both!! Every time I get an email notification, I immediately check it and still nothing. I'm hoping they'll let us know by next week, but I've heard that they won't let anyone know before the first of April :(

Yes, that's what I've heard, too! And I'm assuming we won't hear on Friday the first :( 

@katelynmarie I'll definitely check that out then! Thanks for being so encouraging! :) I hope that I can get out of that wait list from Western Carolina too. All the best to you! I hope you get into your desired program! 

@mɪs_spitʃ_pæθ 

Got'cha, so out state is ruled out. It'd be challenging; however, HAVE HOPE! I wish the best for the both of us! You know, if we both come out of the waiting list, that'd be AWESOME! 

I'm still anxiously waiting and April 16th seems like it's FOREVER away. If you don't mind me asking, what's your plan B? (which I hope you don't have to resort to but it's good to have a back-up plan in case). I'm thinking about applying for their undergrad program or taking online courses. If not, take courses at a community college and that's if their SLPA program isn't filled up yet. 

On 3/21/2017 at 6:36 PM, jmk said:

Congrats, & thanks for the info! 

I'm still waiting on ODU, Redlands, Chapman, Eastern WA, and FL Atlantic! 

Best of luck to you too! I did not apply to any of those schools so I can't tell you anything about them but if you decide not to go to LaSalle, let them know! I got waitlisted there (and really everyone else within 3 hours of where I currently live, go figure lol).

1 hour ago, knewkirk said:

Best of luck to you too! I did not apply to any of those schools so I can't tell you anything about them but if you decide not to go to LaSalle, let them know! I got waitlisted there (and really everyone else within 3 hours of where I currently live, go figure lol).

There is a very high likelihood I will be declining LaSalle! I plan on crunching the financial numbers this weekend (at this point I'm just waiting on one final school, so will just include it in case haha), but I am 99% sure I will be declining the few East Coast schools I was accepted into. Fingers crossed you get in! 

On 3/23/2017 at 8:07 PM, jessie_lee said:

Congrats! I'm currently going to grad school at WWU, and I got accepted off the waitlist right before April 15 last year (I think it was like the 11th). I hope you do, too!

I got in the day after after I sent my acceptance (and $300 deposit!) to another program, of course. I got lucky, though, in that they were willing to just send the check back to me, as it hadn't been processed yet. Sorting all that stuff out can definitely be frustrating!

Your story of acceptance off the waitlist at WWU gives me some hope too.  I was offered a spot on the waitlist at WWU (and at EWU too), and of course I have another school that has a $500 deposit due by 4/15!!  So many decisions!!  

I've also been offered an interview with Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions MedSLP master's program.  (that name is a little longer than I'd like to say or type again).  I thought there would be more certainty after decisions were made, but now it's even less certain!!  

4 hours ago, SLPsingballs said:

Your story of acceptance off the waitlist at WWU gives me some hope too.  I was offered a spot on the waitlist at WWU (and at EWU too), and of course I have another school that has a $500 deposit due by 4/15!!  So many decisions!!  

I've also been offered an interview with Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions MedSLP master's program.  (that name is a little longer than I'd like to say or type again).  I thought there would be more certainty after decisions were made, but now it's even less certain!!  

I know, right?? I was so relieved when I got that first acceptance,  but things became more complicated when I was waitlisted at my top choice, and had deadlines for accepting...it's not easy! It's good to have options, though.:) Congrats on the acceptance and waitlists! 

22 hours ago, SLPsingballs said:

Are you going to interview with them? I saw on the results board that at least some interviews were over the phone?

1 hour ago, mbf said:

Are you going to interview with them? I saw on the results board that at least some interviews were over the phone?

Yes I am going to be interviewing with them.  I think there's a good chance I won't go there even if I get accepted, but I don't want to say no before the interview since I haven't fully committed to one school yet.  They seem very interesting, but potentially too much $$.  My phone interview is scheduled for Monday, 3/27.  Did you apply to RMUofHP too?

Anyone here attending open houses for schools they haven't yet heard from (and may not even hear from by the open house date)? I have only heard people going to open houses when they're accepted, waitlisted, or just started applying to schools ?

1 hour ago, SpeechLaedy said:

Anyone here attending open houses for schools they haven't yet heard from (and may not even hear from by the open house date)? I have only heard people going to open houses when they're accepted, waitlisted, or just started applying to schools ?

I would go! I don't think it's going to super swing an admissions decision at this point, but that way you get a feel for the school if you get good news! 

9 hours ago, jmk said:

I would go! I don't think it's going to super swing an admissions decision at this point, but that way you get a feel for the school if you get good news! 

Grr. That's why I was battling whether or not to go in the first place lol I definitely want to swing that vote! ? But I suppose you're right about getting info about the school... I hope it's extra information that I wouldn't get on the website

Edited by SpeechLaedy

Still waiting on CSU Northridge... It looks like last year they sent out decisions on March 30th, but other years they sent them in mid-April?! Really hoping to hear this week!

Edited by ssllpp

6 hours ago, ssllpp said:

Still waiting on CSU Northridge... It looks like last year they sent out decisions on March 30th, but other years they sent them in mid-April?! Really hoping to hear this week!

I am also waiting to hear from CSUN.  It's where I go for my undergrad, and we just finished up Spring Break.  If their timeline for apps is anything like how they submit permission for classes (which I hear it is), then I would expect them to wait until the last minute.  It's not exactly a bad thing as they are putting in the time for the students, but definitely all the waiting is rather tedious.  Good luck!

On 3/24/2017 at 9:59 PM, jessie_lee said:

I know, right?? I was so relieved when I got that first acceptance,  but things became more complicated when I was waitlisted at my top choice, and had deadlines for accepting...it's not easy! It's good to have options, though.:) Congrats on the acceptance and waitlists! 

Thank you!  Do you happen to know about how many people were accepted off the waitlist last year?  I would really love to go there...  If not, I am really happy with my other school option, but WWU wouldn't be such a drastic move (still drastic, just not from coast to coast).

On March 25, 2017 at 7:33 PM, SLPsingballs said:

Yes I am going to be interviewing with them.  I think there's a good chance I won't go there even if I get accepted, but I don't want to say no before the interview since I haven't fully committed to one school yet.  They seem very interesting, but potentially too much $$.  My phone interview is scheduled for Monday, 3/27.  Did you apply to RMUofHP too?

I got an interview with them as well! I'm not sure how I feel about a brand new program.. but I'm not wholly in a position to say no if accepted. 

37 minutes ago, speechie2b said:

I got an interview with them as well! I'm not sure how I feel about a brand new program.. but I'm not wholly in a position to say no if accepted. 

Dr. Spencer was very down to earth, understanding, and a pleasure to speak with on the phone.  She'll make you feel really comfortable.  The program seems really cool, but it is highly unlikely I'll attend there because it is more expensive than another school I've been accepted at and in a location that is less desirable to my family.  I'd love to be a part of the first class there, and take some of the more specialized classes, but it doesn't seem realistic for me.  :ph34r:

4 hours ago, SLPsingballs said:

Thank you!  Do you happen to know about how many people were accepted off the waitlist last year?  I would really love to go there...  If not, I am really happy with my other school option, but WWU wouldn't be such a drastic move (still drastic, just not from coast to coast).

I'm not positive, to be honest, but I know there were several of us. The timing is the tough part; it can be anywhere from mid-April onwards. I was lucky in that I got off of it earlier (around April 11); conversely, one of my friends didn't get in until end of May. It's enough to drive a person crazy, ugh. 

I hope you hear from them soon! It would be nice to have you in the SLP program :) 

On 3/25/2017 at 7:33 PM, SLPsingballs said:

Yeah, I applied like Friday or Saturday and I have an interview tomorrow. How did it go?

Definitely a lot of money, but I have to think it over as this is my third time applying....may be worth it if I were to be offered a spot, but we'll see! 

2 hours ago, mbf said:

Yeah, I applied like Friday or Saturday and I have an interview tomorrow. How did it go?

Definitely a lot of money, but I have to think it over as this is my third time applying....may be worth it if I were to be offered a spot, but we'll see! 

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!  We should know if we're accepted in about 10 or so days too!!

47 minutes ago, SLPsingballs said:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!  We should know if we're accepted in about 10 or so days too!!

I'm assuming they've already given out some acceptances...do you know if they have?

Edited by mbf

2 hours ago, SLPsingballs said:

2 hours ago, mbf said:

I'm assuming they've already given out some acceptances...do you know if they have?

I answered my own question, whoops. I guess I didn't realize that they had just started doing interviews. Very cool! Can't wait to interview.