What Schools Are You Waiting On!?

13 hours ago, plume said:

I assume they accept in waves, but I have heard from U of the Pacific, just to let you know. 

That's helpful to know. I saw on the results page that they also recently started accepting others who applied for the 15 month program like I did. I checked my portal and it says "decision made". :unsure:

Edited by panda1991

32 minutes ago, panda1991 said:

That's helpful to know. I saw on the results page that they also recently started accepting others who applied for the 15 month program like I did. I checked my portal and it says "decision made". :unsure:

That is so not fair! I hope you hear soon (and that it is good news)! I applied for the 24-month program so maybe that's why I was contacted me already.

7 hours ago, plume said:

I know some schools send acceptances/rejections in waves, but I wish they did it all at once.... when I hear someone else was accepted somewhere I assume I am rejected but I wish they would tell us on the same day! I understand that this is a big process for admissions offices as well but I had to vent.... hmph.

@plume Judging by your signature, I'm hoping you hear from Boulder soon! It looks like they sent out both acceptances and rejections today, so there's still hope for you! 

8 hours ago, SpeechLaedy said:

Waiting to hear from all of my schools smh. Hopefully I'll hear from Post this week or by next week the latest since I interviewed with them already 

Queens College, Hunter, Brooklyn College, Lehman, LIU Post, Adelphi, Hofstra, & Touro 

Hey, would you mind sharing your interview experience with Post? What was the process like and what kind of questions did they ask? How long did it take?

18 hours ago, plume said:

Ooh, thanks! Maybe Friday is the day for CU! 

I heard back from Boulder last night (rejected) so you'll probably hear soon!

12 hours ago, zurako said:

Omg don't even get me started on how disorganized LIU is... I downloaded the requirements from the department's website and followed every step. Turns out the requirements were never updated on the website and I had to send my material to their new processing center. It's March and they still haven't received my GRE scores, I tried to send them again 2 weeks ago and still nothing. At this point I am considering withdrawing my application since I got accepted to NYU, but come on I paid 50 bucks for this application!!!

Hahaha I hear you! Their process is so confusing and the website is a nightmare.

I went to the open house and asked if it was okay if only 1 of my 3 LOR were academic since I graduated almost 10 years ago. They told me it was fine and I submitted early. Then like 2 weeks before the deadline they called to say the admissions committee has been discarding applications if they don't have 2 academic - or at least in field - LOR so I had to scramble to find another person. I've received two acceptances so far to programs that are shorter (and one of them cheaper) so I was considering withdrawing as well, but I want to wait and see in case they accept me with a good aid package. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

19 hours ago, jamielee23 said:

Waiting on CU Boulder, LSUHSC - New Orleans, and Temple University.

To those speculating about CU Boulder - I noticed the past two years they sent out decisions on a Friday ... I was hoping for last Friday, but maybe this Friday will be the day??

Has anyone here heard back from Temple?  I saw a few acceptances on the results page ... do they send them out in waves?

My husband was accepted into Temple about 1-2 weeks ago.

Still waiting on all of my schools... applied to: Biola (interview this week), Pacific(interviewed), CSULB, SJSU, Northern Colorado, Northeastern, & Chapman. 

20 hours ago, plume said:

I have heard from Emerson, but not Appalachian.

I am assuming I am just waiting for a rejection letter at this point from Emerson, since I checked their website and it said they did interviews in Feb. and I had never heard anything back. I know many of the schools I have applied to have sent out decisions so I figure it will be any day now! No one has posted about Appalachian yet though.

On 3/7/2017 at 8:12 AM, melars said:

Still waiting on pretty much all of mine!!

George Washington University, Maryville, LSU Baton Rouge, Jacksonville University, Valdosta, and ENMU

I'm also waiting on ENMU. Last year I saw they started sending out acceptances around March 11th. So hopefully its soon!!

I'm waiting to hear from ENMU and New Mexico State. I called NMSU and they said by the end of the month we should know! It seems so far away!

41 minutes ago, tvl said:

I'm waiting to hear from ENMU and New Mexico State. I called NMSU and they said by the end of the month we should know! It seems so far away!

It does feel that way! If you are offered admission to all would you choose Texas or New Mexico programs?

22 minutes ago, plume said:

It does feel that way! If you are offered admission to all would you choose Texas or New Mexico programs?

To be honest I have NO idea! I am leaning towards Texas because I have a friend in the program and I think it would be nice to have a friendly face in a new environment. But I am from CA and New Mexico would be a closer move. As of now, Texas is my only choice since I haven't heard anything from NMSU.

What about you??? You have a few options! How exciting!!! I go to Colorado during the summer (my bfs family is from there) and I absolutely LOVE it. Wish I had the stats to apply to schools in CO. So beautiful!

53 minutes ago, tvl said:

To be honest I have NO idea! I am leaning towards Texas because I have a friend in the program and I think it would be nice to have a friendly face in a new environment. But I am from CA and New Mexico would be a closer move. As of now, Texas is my only choice since I haven't heard anything from NMSU.

What about you??? You have a few options! How exciting!!! I go to Colorado during the summer (my bfs family is from there) and I absolutely LOVE it. Wish I had the stats to apply to schools in CO. So beautiful!

Yes, it's very exciting and unexpected! I am not competitive for Colorado schools either, but I had to try. I love Colorado. I never ever thought I would say this but I'm thinking abut moving to Boston! I just loved Emerson's program. But it depends on what I hear from a couple of other schools (CU and Redlands, where my parents live now).

7 hours ago, jmny said:

Hey, would you mind sharing your interview experience with Post? What was the process like and what kind of questions did they ask? How long did it take?

Interview took about 15 min. Dr. Rubinstein was great and actually told us who were waiting exactly what to expect for the interview, which I assume she may do for you or anyone else if there's a bunch of people waiting to be interviewed. So I'll tell you the same thing she said to us. You'll basically give her a brief overview of your educational experience since she knows absolutely nothing about anyone she interviews. Then you'll have to talk a bit in depth about ONE clinical observation. After, you can ask her whatever questions you may have. And then if your writing score is below a 4.0, you have to write a one page essay about a pretty easy topic related to your personal experience. They just want to make sure you can write well. But Dr. Rubinstein was an absolute joy to speak to. She makes you feel really comfortable ? 

5 hours ago, mmartin767 said:

My husband was accepted into Temple about 1-2 weeks ago.

Thanks for the info.  My portal still says "Complete Ready for Review" so who knows.  Congrats to your husband!!!

11 hours ago, ElKel87 said:

Hahaha I hear you! Their process is so confusing and the website is a nightmare.

I went to the open house and asked if it was okay if only 1 of my 3 LOR were academic since I graduated almost 10 years ago. They told me it was fine and I submitted early. Then like 2 weeks before the deadline they called to say the admissions committee has been discarding applications if they don't have 2 academic - or at least in field - LOR so I had to scramble to find another person. I've received two acceptances so far to programs that are shorter (and one of them cheaper) so I was considering withdrawing as well, but I want to wait and see in case they accept me with a good aid package. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

That is crazy. All this disorganization makes me feel really iffy about their program... but they said I could just send them a screenshot of my GRE scores so I will see how it goes. 

I have been waiting for NAU and today I received an email from them. It gave me a mini heart attack but when I opened it, it was a false alarm. Just them telling me that they have my FAFSA info but I haven't been admitted to their program. Yeah, thanks a lot lol. 

IMG_7999.PNG

1 minute ago, BeachySpeechy said:

I have been waiting for NAU and today I received an email from them. It gave me a mini heart attack but when I opened it, it was a false alarm. Just them telling me that they have my FAFSA info but I haven't been admitted to their program. Yeah, thanks a lot lol. 

IMG_7999.PNG

This has happened to me three times with Wichita State! They emailed me once and called me twice. I was finally able to talk to someone and explain the situation to him and he promised to make a note on my account so they wouldn't call me anymore lol