UCSD GPS 2017

Lockxe

5 hours ago, jumpman85 said:

Same here. I'm still waiting on official confirmation and a decision on financial aid, though.

I only got my nomination too. I am accepted by Josef Korbel School with 18k/year scholarship and GSPIA. Still waiting for other results. But I like GPS very much and this is my most likely destination, unless I can receive full scholarship from other school.

I'm a current first-year student in the Master of International Affairs degree at GPS. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

9 hours ago, Lockxe said:

I only got my nomination too. I am accepted by Josef Korbel School with 18k/year scholarship and GSPIA. Still waiting for other results. But I like GPS very much and this is my most likely destination, unless I can receive full scholarship from other school.

Very similar here. I really would prefer to go to GPS, but I received a 17.5k/year award from Korbel, and a substantial one from the A&M Bush School. I'd like to see what UCSD is willing to give me before I make a final decision, though. 

6 hours ago, mapiau said:

I'm a current first-year student in the Master of International Affairs degree at GPS. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

Awesome! How are you liking the program? 

2 hours ago, jumpman85 said:

Very similar here. I really would prefer to go to GPS, but I received a 17.5k/year award from Korbel, and a substantial one from the A&M Bush School. I'd like to see what UCSD is willing to give me before I make a final decision, though. 

Awesome! How are you liking the program? 

Yeah...both of us are really in a dilemma...Korbel is my top choice, especially considering that they are so generous..

2 hours ago, gradblues said:

Did anyone here back about funding? Did it come with the official acceptance letter?

I got a fellowship award letter today (separate from acceptance), but I am so confused by it as it doesn't outline a specific amount....I hope you hear back soon! 

For folks going to GPS, I will almost certainly be going to UCSD for a Poli Sci PhD and would be interested in getting housing with like mind folks. PM if you're interested to. I've traveled down to SD and checked out neighborhoods and feel like I have a good understanding of the area.

Usually How long do you wait after "Nominate for Admission" 

I have been waiting for two weeks ("Nominate for Admission" on March 6)

Does Grad division still reject/waitlist a Nominated student at this point? 

On 3/21/2017 at 8:46 AM, heikkie said:

Usually How long do you wait after "Nominate for Admission" 

I have been waiting for two weeks ("Nominate for Admission" on March 6)

Does Grad division still reject/waitlist a Nominated student at this point? 

I was nominated on the 2nd and received the acceptance email two weeks later. I've never heard of a nominated applicant ending up being rejected or wait-listed. It's their way of saying "Hey get ready for the acceptance email!" A little different than other schools but I like that they're communicative. You'll hear very soon, I think. 

Edited by jumpman85

• 2 weeks later...