Georgetown SSP 2017

Exactly one week ago!

I'm so excited for everyone who's finding out from GWU and HKS this week, but it makes it harder to wait at least one more week for results.

Yes I agree! I had a "safety net" school I already got into (George Mason) and I only have until the end of this month to accept or decline. Georgetown better not let me down! Better they tell me I'm rejected sooner than later. It was a long shot! Haha

Congrats on George Mason! I don't want to think about the possibility of them letting us know in April... It's kind of a long shot for me too but it's my dream school so it's SSP or bust for me, for 2017 at least haha.

Thank you! And I feel you on that one! SSP has been my dream school for a long time and it would have been SSP or bust for me too but I'm getting out of the military in a couple months, so I had to get real and have something lined up immediately after. 

Hope we can come back in a couple days and laugh at how worried we were! 

Smart thinking! (And thank you for your service!) I'm fortunate to have a job in our field of study, so I can keep working to get more experience.  

Agreed- I hope so too!

On 3/8/2017 at 10:26 PM, och0615 said:

Thank you! And I feel you on that one! SSP has been my dream school for a long time and it would have been SSP or bust for me too but I'm getting out of the military in a couple months, so I had to get real and have something lined up immediately after. 

Hope we can come back in a couple days and laugh at how worried we were! 

Another vet here. Did you also apply to SAIS? I'm pretty set on going there but I also applied to SSP to see if I could get in. 

Edited by apricots

4 hours ago, apricots said:

Another vet here. Did you also apply to SAIS? I'm pretty set on going there but I also applied to SSP to see if I could get in. 

No I did not. But congrats on getting accepted there! 

8 hours ago, rose09 said:

Any updates for anyone yet? Just joined this website today, also waiting anxiously on my SSP decision! Best of luck to all. 

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I spoke with admissions yesterday and was told first week of April. But I'm really hoping for @coldbrew5's timeframe!

Oh no! I hope that doesn't end up being the case... I hate the waiting game! @och0615 Did you happen to speak with Grad Admissions or SSP Admissions? I wish they would give us some kind of update!

Edited by coldbrew5

1 hour ago, coldbrew5 said:

Oh no! I hope that doesn't end up being the case... I hate the waiting game! @och0615 Did you happen to speak with Grad Admissions or SSP Admissions? I wish they would give us some kind of update!

I spoke directly with SSP Admissions. They were pretty blunt and straightforward about it, but I don't blame them! I bet they get a lot of people asking everyday. 

I am deciding between SAIS and SSP with no funding. I am interested in strategic/political risk consulting. I know SAIS has a great placement for these jobs but know less about how SSP does! Any thoughts? 

Rejected! Was expecting it, so nothing of a surprise. Excited for GMU though! They've been extremely helpful and couldn't be more grateful to have been accepted there.

Congratulations @coldbrew5! Happy to hear. Hope the best for you! 

(Here we are laughing at how worried we were. Haha)