SSRHC 2017/2018 - CGS-M

Adelaide9216

From what I remember, the results will appear around midnight on your personal account. I believe you will also receive an email from either SSHRC or your uni (on opening hours), but I mostly remember myself refreshing my browser 1000 times while waiting for the results to appear on the portal :P

Your wait is coming to an end, only a few more weeks!

On 15 mars 2017 at 11:59 AM, Brillantine11 said:

From what I remember, the results will appear around midnight on your personal account. I believe you will also receive an email from either SSHRC or your uni (on opening hours), but I mostly remember myself refreshing my browser 1000 times while waiting for the results to appear on the portal :P

Your wait is coming to an end, only a few more weeks!

TY! But I'm sure I won,t get it, my grades were too borderline :( But I applied anyway.

47 minutes ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Ok I just saw for two universities that I was not admissible because of the first class average thing. :(

McGill is my only hope becasue the first class average is lower...:(

But if McGill is your top choice you're still all good! Did one of your statuses change then, or did you just do some more looking around?

1 hour ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Ok I just saw for two universities that I was not admissible because of the first class average thing. :(

McGill is my only hope becasue the first class average is lower...:(

Did you see this on the portal?

I received an email telling me that the status of my application had changed. Like Adelaide9216it appears that I didn't meet the first class average for one of the schools I had applied to. Seeing as how I had already declined their acceptance, I am pretty okay with that!

8 minutes ago, Bullvine said:

I received an email telling me that the status of my application had changed. Like Adelaide9216it appears that I didn't meet the first class average for one of the schools I had applied to. Seeing as how I had already declined their acceptance, I am pretty okay with that!

So did you have an actual change in something on the portal, then? 

2 minutes ago, sonsofeasterly said:

So did you have an actual change in something on the portal, then? 

Yes, underneath the status column, beside the school name, it says:

Ineligible
(First-class average)

Hey! Which portal are folks referring to? .... At my school we submitted our application as a hard copy. I got the email notice in January that my school had forwarded my application to sshrc, but I can't figure out where to check online to see if my status has been updated. Help? (I applied for the doctoral cgs/fellowships, if that matters)

1 hour ago, DanielaM said:

Hey! Which portal are folks referring to? .... At my school we submitted our application as a hard copy. I got the email notice in January that my school had forwarded my application to sshrc, but I can't figure out where to check online to see if my status has been updated. Help? (I applied for the doctoral cgs/fellowships, if that matters)

This thread is referring to the masters level sshrc/nserc so i believe the notification process is also different from the doctoral. But it is specifically called the Research Portal on the govt of Canada website if you search it. However, given you didn't apply that way I don't think this is relevant to your application and you will likely get a response in the mail or email.

If they update the status before April 1st, it's not looking good right?mcgill is the only one who hasn't updated it yet, I know for sure I won't get it for the three other universities I applied to and the status has been updated for those ones.

9 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

If they update the status before April 1st, it's not looking good right?mcgill is the only one who hasn't updated it yet, I know for sure I won't get it for the three other universities I applied to and the status has been updated for those ones.

Meh, don't read in to it too much. I have had two update, neither of which showed an ineligible or anything. The timing is more likely just correlated with how fast the schools are uploading decisions. 

A quick peek at last year's results suggest that it was about 50/50 for people who got a notification before the 1st.