hello,

not sure if a lot of you guys are familiar with Sciences-po but it's quite big in IR/Development/Political science.

I got accepted in the international development(ma) and was wondering if there was anyone else.

one thing to mention is that i'm not sure if i'll accept the offer because i'm interested in educational development

and it seems that Sciences-po doesn't have a lot of courses in education..

seriously considering if i have to apply for the 2018-2019 term for American GSEs

(+European schools too such as Oxbridge GSEs specializing in education development)

thanks

20 hours ago, anmanya said:

Hey, I wanted to know, how is Sciences Po Master of Public Policy ranked? Is it a good course? Because it doesn't really feature in any intl rankings.

I've studied there for some time. I can tell you that it's a very prestigious institution in France. Many public policy workers are graduates of Science Po. But, I felt that the school had a very conservative approach on many educational aspects (not politically conservative of course), and some professors were very far from being innovative. 

12 minutes ago, martymcfly_85 said:

I've studied there for some time. I can tell you that it's a very prestigious institution in France. Many public policy workers are graduates of Science Po. But, I felt that the school had a very conservative approach on many educational aspects (not politically conservative of course), and some professors were very far from being innovative. 

Oh, conservative in what sense? And what sort of opportunities are available to students after this course, any idea? I am a little uncertain about it as of now.

On March 16, 2017 at 0:42 PM, anmanya said:

Oh, conservative in what sense? And what sort of opportunities are available to students after this course, any idea? I am a little uncertain about it as of now.

It felt like the professors I met did not follow the recent debates in the scholarship, and did not try to be interactive with their students. The reading lists were very dated, and felt like they had been teaching the same class for ages before I've been there. So, I felt that they did not really try to merge innovative aspects with their level of knowledge. But, these are all academia things and it seems like you are looking for a more policy oriented thing.

For the jobs, the school really opens up lots of opportunities, especially at the French politics. However, if you are not a French citizen, that might not be the case for you. I do not honestly know anything about their placement rates for international students. 

Is there any one who applied for economic law master program in sciences po? I got admissible email on feb 21, but have not received any notice. Last friday I contacted admissions office and the employee told me that the result would come out very very soon. But still no news!!

• 4 weeks later...