Ryerson MPPA

16 hours ago, OKJAANU said:

I applied, nothing yet. They're a bit later than other schools if you check the results in gradcafe.

i thought so too - the only schools i applied to were ryerson mppa and u of t mpp because I was planning to stay in toronto

i have a friend who got into queens mpa, queens history and carlton mpa and hasn't heard back from ryerson so i assume its a good sign

i really hope i get in

Yeah, I applied for U of T, Waterloo and Queen's as well. U of T MPP should be coming out by March 15 on the website. Queen's is REALLY early, I got in there too and they want me to make my decision March 16. Waterloo has opened up another round for late applicants so everything else is a bit delayed atm.

yeah - i go to queen's but didn't particularly want to come back just because all my friends were leaving and didn't wanna pay a whole other year of rent when i could just live at home in toronto, which is why i only applied to the toronto programs

although in hindsight i wish i had applied to queen's because it seems that everyone who applied got in basically, and from what i've heard they accept you even easier if you already went to queen's for an undergrad

I also applied to the MPPA program at Ryerson and MPP at UofT.

My UofT application shows "decision made", and there's no information on Ryerson's RAMSS...

The suspense is killing me!

38 minutes ago, Anna123 said:

I also applied to the MPPA program at Ryerson and MPP at UofT.

My UofT application shows "decision made", and there's no information on Ryerson's RAMSS...

The suspense is killing me!

you got into U of T then - I guarantee it

my UofT app still says under review, but a friends said decision made, and he got the email today offering him admission to UofT MPP.
congrats. I have no idea what ryerson is doing

Edited by demarderozan

13 minutes ago, demarderozan said:

you got into U of T then - I guarantee it

my UofT app still says under review, but a friends said decision made, and he got the email today offering him admission to UofT MPP.
congrats. I have no idea what ryerson is doing

Thanks! I hope you're right! :) I still haven't received an email from U of T, so I don't want to get my hopes high.. and I'm actually hoping to get into Ryerson.

2 hours ago, demarderozan said:

if anyone can pm me if they hear anything from ryerson mppa, or if they talk to them and find out when we should expect to hear, i'd appreciate it

I received an email about an hour ago from the program telling me to check the communications tab in RAMMS- nothing is there yet, though. In the email, it said it can take up to 24hrs for 'communications' to appear. So hopefully, by early tomorrow it will be properly updated. But definitely an indication that they are getting the ball rolling.

2 hours ago, demarderozan said:

if anyone can pm me if they hear anything from ryerson mppa, or if they talk to them and find out when we should expect to hear, i'd appreciate it

6 minutes ago, tashap18 said:

I received an email about an hour ago from the program telling me to check the communications tab in RAMMS- nothing is there yet, though. In the email, it said it can take up to 24hrs for 'communications' to appear. So hopefully, by early tomorrow it will be properly updated. But definitely an indication that they are getting the ball rolling.

I got an email around 3pm with the same information as Tashap18 said. The language seemed positive: "pleased to inform you" and "look forward to your positive response".. but there's no information in the Communications section.

1 minute ago, Anna123 said:

I got an email around 3pm with the same information as Tashap18 said. The language seemed positive: "pleased to inform you" and "look forward to your positive response".. but there's no information in the Communications section.

Yes, the language was very positive. Lets keep our fingers crossed!

i haven't heard anything - can't be a good sign

for anna123 and tashap18 do either of you go to Ryerson? just because I know at my school (Queen's) they seemed to be accepting our own students earlier

please update this thread if any updates occur

thanks

2 minutes ago, demarderozan said:

i haven't heard anything - can't be a good sign

for anna123 and tashap18 do either of you go to Ryerson? just because I know at my school (Queen's) they seemed to be accepting our own students earlier

please update this thread if any updates occur

thanks

I'm UofT alum. Never attended Ryerson.

54 minutes ago, demarderozan said:

alright - well i'm not feeling great about this if i have't gotten the email but i'm keeping my fingers crossed to hear this week

Edited by tashap18

28 minutes ago, tashap18 said:

Sending you positive vibes. I also got an email from Queens today saying they were still accepting applications even though the deadline has passed ( I started my application for the program but didnt finish it). Maybe something to consider/look into.

Queen's told you this about MPA?

2 minutes ago, demarderozan said:

Queen's told you this about MPA?

Yes, because I had already started an application, but did not finish it, I guess they emailed me to follow up. In the email, they said they were still accepting applications, and so I still have time to complete my application. Again, I got this email only a few hrs ago.

Hi all, I have received an email from both Ryerson and SPPG at 3 today. Ryerson's letter is the same as all of you, to check RAMSS but it seems positive. I got a letter from SPPG stating I got in. This is crazy! I can't believe it.

53 minutes ago, OKJAANU said:

Hi all, I have received an email from both Ryerson and SPPG at 3 today. Ryerson's letter is the same as all of you, to check RAMSS but it seems positive. I got a letter from SPPG stating I got in. This is crazy! I can't believe it.

i still have not received anything so i have to assume i wasn't in the first round, or in at all

hopefully hear soon

16 minutes ago, demarderozan said:

i still have not received anything so i have to assume i wasn't in the first round, or in at all

hopefully hear soon

Honestly I wouldn't fret just yet, grad applications are weird. I thought I didn't get into Queen's until I got that letter like a week later after my offer. I know Ryerson offers have gone out late April to May so it may take more time. Good luck to you! I hope to see you at Ryerson!

Is there a thread where I can ask questions about this program?

It's too early to ask the program (they will tell me to wait and see), but I want to know more about the schedule, what the syllabus for the required courses looks like, and some other questions..