SSHRC 2010

Hypatia

even if they go out today, though, mail pickup is at, like, 3... No one will be receiving letters tomorrow (well, someone might, but a sparkly unicorn might also offer to finish writing my paper for me), which sucks because tomorrow is my last day in Ottawa until Monday!

really? how do you know? i'm finding myself curious about things i've never cared about in my life before....like, how does the mail get processed, etc., etc. LOL

even if they go out today, though, mail pickup is at, like, 3... No one will be receiving letters tomorrow (well, someone might, but a sparkly unicorn might also offer to finish writing my paper for me), which sucks because tomorrow is my last day in Ottawa until Monday!

really? how do you know? i'm finding myself curious about things i've never cared about in my life before....like, how does the mail get processed, etc., etc. LOL

I live next to a Canada Post.

wait, just to clarify, are you saying that if the letters go out before 3pm that they still won't arrive tomorrow? or that if they go out after 3pm? couldn't they potentially process them this evening/early morning tomorrow and ship em out in the am?

I live next to a Canada Post.

^^ If the letters had gone out before 3 today, I would likely be receiving mine tomorrow. When I called at 3:30 it didn't sound like they started the mailing process.

couldn't they potentially process them this evening/early morning tomorrow and ship em out in the am?

I highly doubt it... but anything's possible. Based on my experience of living in Ottawa and mailing things to other Ottawa addresses, we probably still have a 2-3 day wait... and that's *if* they do in fact mail the letter out tomorrow (I'll believe it when I see it, lol)!

Ahhh, I see. Well, let us know if you get anything tomorrow. :)

^^ If the letters had gone out before 3 today, I would likely be receiving mine tomorrow. When I called at 3:30 it didn't sound like they started the mailing process.

couldn't they potentially process them this evening/early morning tomorrow and ship em out in the am?

I highly doubt it... but anything's possible. Based on my experience of living in Ottawa and mailing things to other Ottawa addresses, we probably still have a 2-3 day wait... and that's *if* they do in fact mail the letter out tomorrow (I'll believe it when I see it, lol)!

Here is what it says on the Canada Post website for how long it takes to send a letter:

2 days delivery time - local service

3 days - within province

4 days - nationally

(this is for major urban centres -- if your mailing address is in a rural area, it takes longer)

Edited by cab123

Ha. Graduate work takes you in directions you never could have foreseen. If only SSHRC judged research ability by our conscientious study of this forum, what we know about the adjudication of awards at the institutional and federal level, and our investigation into mail delivery, then we would all have funding.

Edited by natalia

Today is da day !

Good luck everybody (though I guess it'll take a few days for the letters to get wherever).

I look forward for updates through this forum (i.e. individual scores [which would be available in this final round I presume], etc.)

I have been watching the mail slot all morning. When a brown envelope was pushed in I rushed to pick it up... only to discover it's just a new credit card. Imagine my disappointment. :(

Good luck everyone, keep us updated, and may the madness be over soon!

I think perhaps it might be better to let the SSHRC staff get the letters out... It does sound like they will go out this week, and that some of us will start to get letters by the end of the week. So my inclination is not to call...

I think perhaps it might be better to let the SSHRC staff get the letters out... It does sound like they will go out this week, and that some of us will start to get letters by the end of the week. So my inclination is not to call...

IMO, someone who is registered should call and post. If they don't, then some of the many lurkers on this thread will call and not post.

Just asked for my result by email, and got it smile.gif) i was successful!!!!! yahhhhhhh.... very happyyyyyy!!

all letters were mailed apparently today btw

Oh and my score was 21.1 / 30 if that means anything

I'll vouche for RaaR. He's a good guy, and I've known him personally. He would only tell the truth. He's at Hebrew U in Israel (I'm sure he won't mind me saying that,) and so this is why I think they may have told him by e-mail, as it will take the letter forever and three days to get there.

Congrats, good buddy. Hope fortune favours me the same. Oh, and telling us you e-mailed someone is really gonna screw them over if you let us know who, so I recommend you keep that info to yourself, and let us poor souls wait it out.

Canuck

Edited by Canuckonomist