SSHRC 2010

Hypatia

when the instruction say that your name needs to be "within the margins" on every page, does that mean in the 3/4" margin space itself or NOT in the 3/4" space but inside that, in the text/body section of the paper?

and when you get 2 pages for the personal statement but 5 pages for "bibliography and citations," does that mean i can use end notes and put them in those 5 pages or do i need to use footnotes/internal citations within the 2 page statement and give their full bibliographical reference in the 5 page biblio/citation section? i'm having a hard time keeping within the 2 page limit as it is, but if i need to use internal citations or footnotes as part of that 2 pages, i'm going to be in trouble.

thanks for letting me spill this thread over into the 2010/2011 competition. and again, congratulations to the recent winners!

All text must be within 1.87cm margins, so that includes headers and footers and page numbers, etc.

In my five page list of citations, I start with the sources I cited in my research proposal and then go on to list the sources I plan to use for my dissertation.

I'm pretty sure they don't want any end notes.

I hope that makes sense.. lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope all is well with the rest of the SSHRC 2010 waitlisted. Thought it would be funny to mention that I snuck into the 'Top 10 posters for October'. It was the month I know I spent the most time around here, and it shows in the number of posts. I must say, though, I find myself kicking around here just to see how you are all doing, and, on occasion, to lend a hand to the 2011 applicants.

• 1 month later...

You will never believe it!

I got an email today informing me that SSHRC is now in a position to offer me an award!

The waitlist finally moved!

There is some hope for us waitlisters after all. I am crossing my fingers for the rest of you now!

ureal. congrats sshrchopeful! glad to hear your waiting wasn't for nothing. what a great surprise.

You will never believe it!

I got an email today informing me that SSHRC is now in a position to offer me an award!

The waitlist finally moved!

There is some hope for us waitlisters after all. I am crossing my fingers for the rest of you now!

Are you serious?!? Wow, congratulations to you. On the other hand, it's not so comforting to think that those of us applying for next year might still be waiting around in hopes of this kind of message 7 months after the awards are supposed to be released...yikes!

I also just got the news on Friday that I was awarded a Doctoral SSHRC. I have been on the waiting list for 3 years in a row, and thought I didn't quite have it again. But Friday, an email came with the good news. I am hoping they back-date it to May 2010 so I will get a lump sum as soon as possible.

I also just got the news on Friday that I was awarded a Doctoral SSHRC. I have been on the waiting list for 3 years in a row, and thought I didn't quite have it again. But Friday, an email came with the good news. I am hoping they back-date it to May 2010 so I will get a lump sum as soon as possible.

Congratulations to all of you. MSP said there could be movement as late as December, and there you go, there was indeed. In terms of back-dating payments, they told me that they could only back-date it as far as September, so I don't know what that means for you, IA. Either way, you'll get the money they promised you, and at least two instalments worth on January 1st, which is a whopping $13,335, if I remember correctly. That's one big check! (or Direct Deposit, as these modern times go). I'm excited to get my SSHRC christmas gift on (or around) New year's as well.

Canuck

• 2 weeks later...