UC Irvine or UMD, college Park

ccs94

I have been accepted to the university of California Irvine and University of Maryland college park. Which University should I select. 

I never understand these questions... You obviously researched each school and selected them based on some metrics (fit, prestige, whatever) over schools you didn't apply to. Use those same metrics to compare your acceptances too. We don't know where you fit better, where you have better funding, or what type of city you want to live in (protip: LA and DC are very different cities), especially with no information given about any of these things.

Well ranking wise and prestige wise they are more or less ranked the same. I've been accepted for an unfunded (As of now) Masters in Environmental Engineering. The cities really don't matter. I did research them based  prestige etc etc but however still have no idea on what sort of employment I would receive post completion  on the degrees. Which cities offer better employment opportunities etc etc. Also I am not an American citizen. Hence asking around to see which would offer a good education and/or better employment offers post graduation. Thanks in advance. Sorry for being ambiguous with question. 

1 hour ago, .letmeinplz// said:

I never understand these questions... You obviously researched each school and selected them based on some metrics (fit, prestige, whatever) over schools you didn't apply to. Use those same metrics to compare your acceptances too. We don't know where you fit better, where you have better funding, or what type of city you want to live in (protip: LA and DC are very different cities), especially with no information given about any of these things.

1 hour ago, DiscoTech said:

You might want to provide some additional information/context .....

3 hours ago, ccs94 said:

Well ranking wise and prestige wise they are more or less ranked the same. I've been accepted for an unfunded (As of now) Masters in Environmental Engineering. The cities really don't matter. I did research them based  prestige etc etc but however still have no idea on what sort of employment I would receive post completion  on the degrees. Which cities offer better employment opportunities etc etc. Also I am not an American citizen. Hence asking around to see which would offer a good education and/or better employment offers post graduation. Thanks in advance. Sorry for being ambiguous with question. 

If they are ranked the same, I would recommend Maryland.  California is insanely expensive.  If it is unfunded, save yourself a ton of money and live in Maryland/DC.

Job wise, California is probably better for finding a job.  Not entirely sure though, since I am not familiar with jobs in your major.  California is just as hot bed for all sorts of engineering jobs.

On 15/03/2017 at 3:12 AM, dbm3252 said:

If they are ranked the same, I would recommend Maryland.  California is insanely expensive.  If it is unfunded, save yourself a ton of money and live in Maryland/DC.

Job wise, California is probably better for finding a job.  Not entirely sure though, since I am not familiar with jobs in your major.  California is just as hot bed for all sorts of engineering jobs.

Great! Thanks for the advice.