Application Decision

ariellea

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mrig_nat said:

Still waiting on Carleton, Mcgill...UofT my status changed to 'Decision made' but didn't receive any mail...should i be optimistic ?

Yes you should! I think you got into UofT ! And yeah I'm still waiting on Carleton. Didn't get into McGill 

15 hours ago, ariellea said:

Yes you should! I think you got into UofT ! And yeah I'm still waiting on Carleton. Didn't get into McGill 

Lets hope so..I emailed the department and they responded that all decisions are apparently in the mail and I will be hearing from them soon. Its confusing that whether i will be hearing from them in the mail or postal mail...waiting is such a pain..

Sorry about mcgill...may i ask which course you applied into ? 

8 hours ago, mrig_nat said:

Lets hope so..I emailed the department and they responded that all decisions are apparently in the mail and I will be hearing from them soon. Its confusing that whether i will be hearing from them in the mail or postal mail...waiting is such a pain..

Sorry about mcgill...may i ask which course you applied into ? 

I applied for Masters in Architecture 

4 hours ago, ariellea said:

Okay..I applied for Masters in Architecture (Non-thesis track)..Urban design & housing..

I contacted Carleton architecture department...apparently first round is over and I wasn't selected...they will be running another round in 2-3 weeks from today..

2 hours ago, mrig_nat said:

Okay..I applied for Masters in Architecture (Non-thesis track)..Urban design & housing..

I contacted Carleton architecture department...apparently first round is over and I wasn't selected...they will be running another round in 2-3 weeks from today..

Yeah I wasn't selected either :( hopefully we get picked for second round! Did they say that they will send out another round of admissions 2-3 weeks from today? Or meet up again 2-3 weeks from today?

8 hours ago, ariellea said:

Yeah I wasn't selected either :( hopefully we get picked for second round! Did they say that they will send out another round of admissions 2-3 weeks from today? Or meet up again 2-3 weeks from today?

I will quote what they said "We are going to consider making additional offers in 2-3 weeks and we would like to keep all applications open for that second round of possible offers."

I don't know whether there will be a second round or not....:(

6 minutes ago, mrig_nat said:

I will quote what they said "We are going to consider making additional offers in 2-3 weeks and we would like to keep all applications open for that second round of possible offers."

What is your application status at Carleton central ?

1 minute ago, mrig_nat said:

It still shows preliminary review required

Oh! mine is also same. I was really worried that is there something wrong with my application.

All the best :) Hope to hear some positive news

Also keep us posted

9 hours ago, mrig_nat said:

I think there should be a second round of offers... was your gpa and portfolio good? 

10 hours ago, smileandshine said:

Oh! mine is also same. I was really worried that is there something wrong with my application.

All the best :) Hope to hear some positive news

Also keep us posted

I just contacted the associate director of graduate programs and she told me that "several applicants requested an extension of 2 weeks and so they will consider possible second offers in about 2 more weeks and that I can contact her in about 2-3 weeks and she'll let me know if they have met the enrollment number of if they are in a position to consider second offers"

21 minutes ago, ariellea said:

I just contacted the associate director of graduate programs and she told me that "several applicants requested an extension of 2 weeks and so they will consider possible second offers in about 2 more weeks and that I can contact her in about 2-3 weeks and she'll let me know if they have met the enrollment number of if they are in a position to consider second offers"

2 hours ago, ariellea said:

I think there should be a second round of offers... was your gpa and portfolio good? 

Starting to feel a little optimistic now..so its for sure that the second rounds of offers will take place in 2-3 weeks...

I would like to think my portfolio was good...  lets hope for the best

6 hours ago, mrig_nat said:

Starting to feel a little optimistic now..so its for sure that the second rounds of offers will take place in 2-3 weeks...

I would like to think my portfolio was good...  lets hope for the best

Hopefully we both get in!

13 hours ago, ariellea said:

Thanks !

Lets hope for the best 

Do you have any other acceptance in hand ?

9 hours ago, smileandshine said:

Thanks !

Lets hope for the best 

Do you have any other acceptance in hand ?

Unfortunately i don't! :( I'm really stressing out.. I don't have a high GPA and I did my. Best on my portfolio so I hope that I can get in the second round and that they don't only see grades. 

13 hours ago, ariellea said:

Unfortunately i don't! :( I'm really stressing out.. I don't have a high GPA and I did my. Best on my portfolio so I hope that I can get in the second round and that they don't only see grades. 

Don't worry ! Wait for second round.

And Ryerson is also there. 

On 4/4/2017 at 7:07 PM, ariellea said:

Got rejected from UofT :( I emailed the professor of Mcgill architecture department...the process of selection is still not complete..

Any news from you guys ?

Oh that sucks! Are you waiting on Carleton too? And nope no news.. the associate director for graduate programs said I can touch base in a 2 weeks and she'll let me know if they're doing a second round 

On 4/9/2017 at 8:59 PM, ariellea said:

Oh that sucks! Are you waiting on Carleton too? And nope no news.. the associate director for graduate programs said I can touch base in a 2 weeks and she'll let me know if they're doing a second round 

I am waiting on both Carleton and Mcgill...

4 minutes ago, mrig_nat said:

I am waiting on both Carleton and Mcgill...

Hopefully we both get into Carleton! What's your top choice school, like if you get into that school you will go