Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Bo Li

How to ask questions regarding results?

3 posts in this topic

How to ask questions regarding results?

For example, when I search the results I want to see, I find a particular entry of result and want to ask questions to the one who posts the result. I do not know how to do this. 

If somebody knows how to do this, please let me know. Thank you very much in advance. 

Posted (edited)

What others do is post a "result" but under "other" rather than accepted/rejected/waitlisted. They then ask the question they want the answer to in the text box. The person who you're aiming the question at may or may not read it, but you can mention them in the text box to increase the likelihood that they'll answer if they check the results page.

Edited by victoriaaa

7 hours ago, victoriaaa said:

What others do is post a "result" but under "other" rather than accepted/rejected/waitlisted. They then ask the question they want the answer to in the text box. The person who you're aiming the question at may or may not read it, but you can mention them in the text box to increase the likelihood that they'll answer if they check the results page.

^ Yeah, don't do that. That's abuse of the Results page, common though it may be. Instead, write a post in the forums. The subfield-relevant one is likely the best choice. There is no way to directly reach out to someone who posted in the Results survey because that section is anonymous, but posting on the board might get their attention.