Got this email concerning CGS-M

pearsonne9

Hi everyone,

I got this email a last week regarding CGS-M. Does this email say I've gotten an unofficial acceptance? 

__________________-

Dear [Me],

I am very pleased to inform you that your application to CGS-M award to the [University] was nominated by our departmental selection committee and has been ranked highly by the [University] in its central adjudication process.

Results will be made available to applicants and posted on the Research Portal as of April 1st 2017, the date mandated by the Tri-Agencies. 

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions regarding your application.

I would like to extend my congratulations and best wishes for your future success.

Edited by pearsonne9

Hmm thats tricky. It could just mean you were nominated by the department, but then it goes to another stage beyond the department. At my school, in step 1 you have to be nominated by the department -- they get to choose a fixed number of students applications to nominate, then it goes to the next stage where you are basically in a pile with people across many disciplines (within your choice of SSHRC v NSERC groups). At least that it what my supervisor said our school does for CGS-M. However, you could always email them back and ask for clarification! Puts you out of the misery of waiting 2 more weeks and wondering what they meant! 

Edited by RBspkRuP