Mcmaster MSc ehealth fall 2017

Sidsak

Hi

I hv applied for MSc eHealth Program McMaster for fall 2017. My interview was on 22nd Feb.2017 and I was passed in that. I am waiting for my final offer from Grad dept. Has anyone else applied to MSc eHealth Program this year. Kindly share status of your application.

TIA

Edited by Sidsak

Hi,

I had my interview on 24th of february for course based option(health stream). Interview went well i guess however haven't heard back from Mcmaster yet...starting to loose hope.

Don't loose hope. As catman14 quoted in another thread that they are finishing the interviews so may be response after that. Did you try to contact Iris regarding your interview outcome?

Wish you all the best luck

hey guys,

Iris told me today that the committee is finalizing decisions and everyone will have an answer by the 24th. I didn't get the e-mail that my interview went well and that my application is sent to the grad department.

Dwabtit, last year did you not hear anything besides the final decision? How are you liking the program? What sort of projects are you working on?

Thanks for answering! I thought my interview went well too so I'm a bit surprised I didn't get that e-mail after the interview.

The projects seem pretty interesting.. How many people are in the program? How large are the class sizes? What's the schedule like? How did you find the internship, or was it assigned?

Thanks Dwabtit and catman14 for ur input. I hope everyone get to know their application status by March 24th. I hv dropped an email to Iris about my application status but didn't get any reply till now.

Dwabtit can you tell us more about the program schedule. As i hv chosen health sciences as my speciality so which courses are good to take ? how to increase chances to get internship and when the interviews for internship starts? Also how to network in advance to get better internship

TIA

Edited by Sidsak

Congrats catman14

I also got a reply from Iris upon enquiry  that she is hoping official offer from grad dept by the end of this week

43 minutes ago, Sidsak said:

Congrats catman14

I also got a reply from Iris upon enquiry  that she is hoping official offer from grad dept by the end of this week

congrats that essentially means you are both in, the graduate department just formalizes the offers and makes sure all the documents you provided are legitimate (mostly just your transcript) be warned that even tough it says 10 days, it can take a while before you receive an official letter. Personally it took me about 3 weeks and some people had to wait a month or 1.5 months. The grad department is very very slow...

On 3/21/2017 at 4:27 PM, Dwabtit said:

congrats that essentially means you are both in, the graduate department just formalizes the offers and makes sure all the documents you provided are legitimate (mostly just your transcript) be warned that even tough it says 10 days, it can take a while before you receive an official letter. Personally it took me about 3 weeks and some people had to wait a month or 1.5 months. The grad department is very very slow...

Hey Dwabtit, I remember your posts in last years forum really helped me out this year in terms of understanding how the applicatoon process works! How are you like the program so far? How are the tests/graders? I think you may have also replied to catman although I'm not able to see your response or some reason. 

Hello Everyone,

Glad I found this thread,

I am an International student from India. Applied for M.Sc. program in Ehealth at McM, gave my interview on 14th February (Hope I did well). After a long wait of 6 weeks, finally contacted Iris through call on 29th March, she said that I'll be receiving an email regarding admission decision by the end of the day, but no update till date.

Feeling hopeless and helpless,:mellow:

is there anyone still waiting out for the admission decision? 

Someone recently contacted me regarding my interview experience as she just received interview call so it means they are still not done with admissions

On 4/1/2017 at 5:03 PM, catman14 said:

Iris said I would receive an offer but nothing yet. E-mail or call her again and ask, they could be just very busy and forgot?

Yeah, i tried calling her again but couldn't reach her through call, sent a mail. 

Yesterday, I received an E-mail invitation for Interview stating that my interview was scheduled on 04-Apr-2017, but I have already attended the interview on 14-Feb-2017. Don't know what to do now, sent a mail to Iris regarding the situation,
waiting for response!!
:mellow:

I received an email from Iris yesterday stating that I am recommended for admission and Grad Office will contact me soon. anyone doing a computer science course? (CS50x or somethin?)

On 04/04/2017 at 7:23 AM, HNamburi said:

Yesterday, I received an E-mail invitation for Interview stating that my interview was scheduled on 04-Apr-2017, but I have already attended the interview on 14-Feb-2017. Don't know what to do now, sent a mail to Iris regarding the situation,
waiting for response!!
:mellow:

Hi

That's little weird. Did u get a reply from Iris regarding this matter?

7 hours ago, kassemm2 said:

I received an email from Iris yesterday stating that I am recommended for admission and Grad Office will contact me soon. anyone doing a computer science course? (CS50x or somethin?)

Congrats 

I hv enrolled in edx course but haven't started yet. Guys I hv made a Facebook group whose link u can find in above chat. Try to join so that we can connect.

7 hours ago, kassemm2 said:

I did the course a while ago just to get better at programming, it was really challenging.

5 minutes ago, catman14 said:

I did the course a while ago just to get better at programming, it was really challenging.

HI catman14

What specific course did u do?