Still no words on admission or rejection, hopeless?

Drunkydropout

I applied for 6 programs, 3 in US and 3 in Canada. I received nothing but one rejection up to now, not even an interview.

Is there still hope? Or I should assume a total fiasco and make the run to the contingency plan? So anxious!!!

The rejection is from Stanford. NCSU, NEU, U of Toronto, UBC and U of Alberta still silence. Sometimes I even suspect I didn't submit them right. 

Are there anyone else in this kind of situation? It's driving me crazy....

Anyone? 

Still waiting from RIT. They said I would hopefully hear back before March 15th, but that didn't happen. I wonder if the fact that it's spring break right now has anything to do with it.

5 hours ago, vstrindberg said:

I am also an EE PhD applicant. I applied Virginia Tech, UC Boulder, UC Davis and UMass Amherst. I just had 1 interview. I mailed 9 profs and only two responded my email. No acception/No rejection. Still waiting...

What track are you applying? I'm guessing power...?

2 hours ago, AnniKatt said:

Still waiting from RIT. They said I would hopefully hear back before March 15th, but that didn't happen. I wonder if the fact that it's spring break right now has anything to do with it.

I thought that too! Then I saw people getting results in spring breaks as well... Staff and faculty they still work during spring breaks...

1 minute ago, Drunkydropout said:

I thought that too! Then I saw people getting results in spring breaks as well... Staff and faculty they still work during spring breaks...

Very true. I do know that RIT closed earlier this week due to inclement weather. I figured I'd wait until this coming Wednesday before I tried to contact them.

I heard back from RIT this past Monday, I got into their MS Computer Engineering program.

Not a peep from my other 5 schools though.

I got an email from Northwestern on March 3rd saying my application is now complete when I submitted (and completed) it mid-January. It nearly gave me a heart attack because I thought it was a decision, but sadly it was not.

2 hours ago, vstrindberg said:

No, it is rf circuit design. Should I assume all rejections?

I don't know... People keep telling me to stay positive, but I just wonder if they've already rejected me and haven't sent out notification. 

RF is a promising field, I wish you best of luck! 

3 hours ago, AnniKatt said:

Very true. I do know that RIT closed earlier this week due to inclement weather. I figured I'd wait until this coming Wednesday before I tried to contact them.

I saw your website BTW, you're very talented! Hope you can get a good result! 

UC Davis has a really good RF program btw, I did my undergrad there and the ECE department puts a lot of focus on RF research. Power, not so much.

I can only speak from what I saw of my friends who applied to Davis but they get a lot of applications and it takes them a while to get through them all. Stay hopeful!

43 minutes ago, Drunkydropout said:

I saw your website BTW, you're very talented! Hope you can get a good result! 

Thank you so much! I'll be crossing my fingers for us both!

@llamallama Congrats on RIT!

On 17.03.2017 at 9:17 PM, llamallama said:

UC Davis has a really good RF program btw, I did my undergrad there and the ECE department puts a lot of focus on RF research. Power, not so much.

I can only speak from what I saw of my friends who applied to Davis but they get a lot of applications and it takes them a while to get through them all. Stay hopeful!

Were they admitted? Cuz only 4 weeks left and I am still waiting :(

On 3/29/2017 at 10:10 AM, vstrindberg said:

No hope! it is about to turn April :(

What program are you applying? Because APEC conference just ended, lots of professors went there and didn't have time for admissions. I met several of them, they said they're still evaluating. Finger crossed and hope for the best! 

1 hour ago, Drunkydropout said:

What program are you applying? Because APEC conference just ended, lots of professors went there and didn't have time for admissions. I met several of them, they said they're still evaluating. Finger crossed and hope for the best! 

Virginia Tech, UC Davis and UMass Amherst left. I got rejections from Ohio State U. and U Colorado Boulder. My field is RF/Microwave Circuit :mellow:

1 hour ago, vstrindberg said:

Virginia Tech, UC Davis and UMass Amherst left. I got rejections from Ohio State U. and U Colorado Boulder. My field is RF/Microwave Circuit :mellow:

I'm also waiting for all the programs, without any AD for no less...