Indiana University (Bloomington)

10 hours ago, LindseyR729 said:

I will be there!

I haven't heard anything about funding but I am assuming that it has already been offered with acceptances. If someone declines it will go back into the pool though, so don't give up hope!

Ah cool I'll see you there!! Are you definitely attending? 

Did your letter say you were wait listed for funding too? I was kind of wondering if they wrote that for everyone and didn't actually distribute funding yet ....

I am most likely attending, I haven'd decided for sure though quite yet. So fingers crossed the open house goes well lol. 

Yeah, my letter said I was wait listed for funding. I have a friend in IU's program right now and she said that she got funding a couple weeks after acceptance when someone else declined, but they could do it differently now. She said that they offer a few ASL GAs so if you have experience in ASL you would have a good shot at one. 

18 hours ago, LindseyR729 said:

I am most likely attending, I haven'd decided for sure though quite yet. So fingers crossed the open house goes well lol. 

Yeah, my letter said I was wait listed for funding. I have a friend in IU's program right now and she said that she got funding a couple weeks after acceptance when someone else declined, but they could do it differently now. She said that they offer a few ASL GAs so if you have experience in ASL you would have a good shot at one. 

Ok, that's good to know! Thank you! 

I do have some ASL experience - (and made sure to write it in my personal statement haha), hopefully that will help.

Inbox me if you want to meet up at all! I'll be there Thursday night to Saturday morning :-)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2017 at 6:46 PM, LindseyR729 said:

Hi there! My friend is debating on IU's SLP program and another SLP program but wants some insight from someone currently in IU's program. Do you think you could possibly ask your friend for a pros/cons list of the program?? Thank you so much in advance!

On 3/29/2017 at 1:35 PM, Tulip55 said:

Hi there! My friend is debating on IU's SLP program and another SLP program but wants some insight from someone currently in IU's program. Do you think you could possibly ask your friend for a pros/cons list of the program?? Thank you so much in advance!

Yeah sure! Send me a PM.