How to go about funding for Masters after Admission Offer

Zen_

Hi everyone, first time posting here. I am entirely new to the process so any help would be very much appreciated. I have recently gotten my dream offer of a Masters at Michigan however no mentioning of funding. Is this normal: to be applying for funding within the University after admissions or have I missed the boat. How do I go about requesting or applying to RA and TA? Time is definitely of the essence as I have essentially under a month to reply to the offer. Furthermore I feel like most I'm too late for most third party funds or left out due to their exclusivity. 

Thank you in advance

• 3 weeks later...

I think you should contact your department asap. They may have their own method of going about funding. Some schools offer funding well after admission offers, thers do so simultaneously, and for a few others, you need to separately apply for funding. My two cents? Speak to someone in the department and possibly a curent student in the program. LinkedIn helps discover those with ease.

On 3/18/2017 at 6:21 AM, Zen_ said:

Hi everyone, first time posting here. I am entirely new to the process so any help would be very much appreciated. I have recently gotten my dream offer of a Masters at Michigan however no mentioning of funding. Is this normal: to be applying for funding within the University after admissions or have I missed the boat. How do I go about requesting or applying to RA and TA? Time is definitely of the essence as I have essentially under a month to reply to the offer. Furthermore I feel like most I'm too late for most third party funds or left out due to their exclusivity. 

Thank you in advance

Hi,

I come from a psych background, so my experience may be different but I received funding information at the same time they presented offers of acceptance. They listed it within my offer letter. However, one program did not list it, but my POI discussed it with me. Within psyc, TA ships are assigned by the university as a part of your funding, but I have heard of external TA and RA applications for proffs that are NOT included within your offer (one uni even told me they would do an RAship if their funding was not high enough). Do you have a potential supervisor for your masters? If so, I would definitely contact them. They really understand that funding is an important aspect of life and are more than wiling to discuss that with you. This could also be forwarded to a dept. representative or head. 

Hope that helps!