What to do if your other major sinks your overall GPA...

europeorbust

I am currently a student at a top 3 US public uni and am working toward a STEM degree and an IR degree. My IR GPA is very good (somewhere around 3.7-3.8-ish), but as you can imagine, my STEM GPA is rubbish. My overall GPA is around a 3.4. I really want to go to graduate school in Europe to study IR and international security, focusing on cybersecurity and internet governance, preferably at a place like Sciences Po or King's.  

My issue is that I know European schools are very strict about GPA cutoffs. I do have some classes from community college and other universities through summer programs that can back me up but I'm not completely sure if it's enough to push me over the line without doing some wonky math I'm not entirely confident in. I've had research experience and have had my work published in a journal. I've had a variety of extracurriculars related to my field and in public policy (well as far as a college student can get into public policy anyway). I did have some really insane life issues that lead to uneveness in my grades (particularly in the last 18 months, big family problems affected me deeply and pushed me into therapy for depression). But I wonder if any of this can make up for the fact that my cumulative GPA might not be over the magic 3.5 cutoff line.

Edited by europeorbust