please comment about Biostatistics PhD

Could you advise or comment me any evaluation and information in below universities? Those all are Biostatistics Ph.D.

Indiana University - Purdue University (IUPUI)/ NYU/ Virginia Commonwealth University(VCU)/ University of Illinois-Chicago/ University of Florida

Let's talk about that. Thank you very much.

I'd say the only ones that are really worth considering are UF and UIC. UIC has a legitimate ranking, so I'd choose there out of the above schools. Plus it's in Chicago which is great.

27 minutes ago, footballman2399 said:

I'd say the only ones that are really worth considering are UF and UIC. UIC has a legitimate ranking, so I'd choose there out of the above schools. Plus it's in Chicago which is great.

I'll pretty much second this, and also toss in VCU to be worth considering. UF has a solid stat department, but the biostats section (department?) is fairly new and I'm not entirely sure how it is structured. VCU and UIC have established programs that I know have graduated students - not the highest in rank, but they are good enough to make the rankings, so probably decent programs.

2 hours ago, Biostat_student_22 said:

I'll pretty much second this, and also toss in VCU to be worth considering. UF has a solid stat department, but the biostats section (department?) is fairly new and I'm not entirely sure how it is structured. VCU and UIC have established programs that I know have graduated students - not the highest in rank, but they are good enough to make the rankings, so probably decent programs.

Yeah I'll admit I know next to nothing about VCU. UF's program is housed in their public health school, but there is either very little or no interaction between the stats and biostats departments. Still, I think there are some reasonably strong faculty members in UF's biostats department. And at least the option exists to take classes at a strong stats department and maybe get co-advised.

7 hours ago, deptbios said:

how about Umass??

UF and UIC are the only ones I'm familiar with. Are you very particular to UMass right now or something?