Minnesota Humphrey 2017

Hey Everyone!

So I haven't seen a topic for the Humphrey School at the University of Minnesota and I'm curious to learn more about this program. I applied to their MPP program for this upcoming fall and was recently offered about 90% funding but I don't know much about the program or what current students think about the program. How well known is the program and where do alumni end up working. I've visited Minneapolis before and loved the city, just don't know a lot about UMinnesota. I wasn't expecting to get this much funding from them but now I am really considering this program after the amount of funding I was offered. Right now I am trying to decide between Harris, Ford and now Humphrey. I'm not about to go their their visit days, which is unfortunate. Has anyone on here visited the school? 

Edited by sdiaz1924

• 10 months later...

Hi,

This thread did not get much traction last year. I received my first admit of the season from Humphrey, but I only applied because a senior (currently doing his PhD there) classified it as a safe bet for me.

Can someone shed some light on the program? I have very little idea about it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/5/2018 at 3:53 AM, VeryCheesey said:

Hi,

This thread did not get much traction last year. I received my first admit of the season from Humphrey, but I only applied because a senior (currently doing his PhD there) classified it as a safe bet for me.

Can someone shed some light on the program? I have very little idea about it.

@VeryCheesey When I was making my decision last year regarding this program I reached out to admissions to ask if they could connect me with a current student and that helped a lot. Seems as not many people on here know much about the program but I recommend you do that if you're still searching to learn more about Humphrey. 

Edited by sdiaz1924

Thanks @sdiaz1924. I have been in touch with admissions to get as much information as I can gather, but you're right - I will probably ask them to connect me to alumni/current students. 

BTW did you decide to go to Humphrey?

@VeryCheesey I did not end up attending Humphrey.  I ended up choosing Harris over Humphrey and a couple other schools I was considering at the time. Harris was the most aligned with my interests and career goals. I did however learn a lot from talking to current students at Humphrey and also current students at other schools I was considering so I would definitely recommend that as you decide what school is best for you. Best of luck!