Harvard Divinity 2017

FromBricktoTemple

Hi everyone! 

I have not seen very many posts about HDS generally, and none in this part of the forum. I am officially going to accept HDS' offer next week and thought it would be awesome to start a conversation with other prospective students. How is everyone? Are you as excited to move to Cambridge and study with exceptional profs in an exceptional community????!!! What are you excited about? Afraid of? 

On 3/23/2017 at 11:12 AM, FromBricktoTemple said:

How is everyone? Are you as excited to move to Cambridge and study with exceptional profs in an exceptional community????!!! What are you excited about? Afraid of? 

Hi! I recently submitted my enrollment deposit to HDS and will be at the open house. Im glad you started this thread. I'm really excited because I think HDS will offer a myriad of opportunities for taking diverse courses and building relationships. The only thing that worried me a bit was hoping that I made the right decision to go to HDS vs ChicagoDiv. I think HDS has great professors, but I wish they had a couple more in my field. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2017 at 2:33 PM, misterrager said:

Hi! I recently submitted my enrollment deposit to HDS and will be at the open house. Im glad you started this thread. I'm really excited because I think HDS will offer a myriad of opportunities for taking diverse courses and building relationships. The only thing that worried me a bit was hoping that I made the right decision to go to HDS vs ChicagoDiv. I think HDS has great professors, but I wish they had a couple more in my field. 

Hi there! HDS does have so many opportunities...which in the end determined my choice to go there. What are you planning to study at HDS? 

I am really worried about finding housing. My partner and I are thinking of finding another person/couple to rent out a two bedroom in Cambridge/Somerville as it seems to be the cheaper option to search for housing with a potential roommate rather than try to move in with already established roommates.