NYU-Steinhardt

TopRock23

i went to their information session back in november i think.

they are not doing interviews for this program and said that decisions wouldn't go out until about march 15th. so tired of waiting!

let me know if you have other questions about it, i might be able to answer. i took a ton of notes at the info session but i don't have them with me otherwise i'd give you more info now... hope that helps! oh and i remember that the priority deadline for applying for financial aid (filling out the fafsa) was march 2nd so there may not be any financial information by the time decisions go out...

Thanks! I'm glad that I have a general date in mind now. At the info. session, did they talk about how they weighed certain parts of the application (recommendations, transcript, resume, personal statement) /if there is an aspect that is considered the most important?

Thanks you!

they were very big on making it clear that they looked at every part of the application. they kept stressing that if some parts were weak they would definitely take into account other parts. they were very unwilling to say that anything mattered more than something else...

Hi Kristen,

Are you currently an undergrad applying to this program, if so where do you go to school? good luck! :) i'm also waiting anxiously to hear!

I graduated with my undergrad in December of 2008. I went to the University of Central Florida... Was a research assistant/senior peer recruiter for university's anxiety disorder clinic (director was one of my LORs), volunteer for central florida hospitals as a guardian advocate, interned with mental health association of central florida and volunteered for university's marriage and family research institute... GPA 3.5 strong LORs and I feel a strong SOP... NYU is my DREAM school. I've had nightmares/dreams about it for the past two months!

How about you??

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard back from the MA- Counseling for Mental Health and Wellness Program yet? Do you know if the acceptance will be in email or postal mail? I know of a few people that have already heard back/been accepted to other programs at NYU-Steinhardt which also had a Feb.1st application deadline...

Has anyone heard back from the MA- Counseling for Mental Health and Wellness Program yet? Do you know if the acceptance will be in email or postal mail? I know of a few people that have already heard back/been accepted to other programs at NYU-Steinhardt which also had a Feb.1st application deadline...

still waiting! i can't remember if they said they were emailing or mailing the notifications but for some reason i want to say mailing... but i could be totally off on that. i know they said theirs takes a little longer because they get SO many applications they have to sift through, unfortunately. I just want all of this to be over!

I just called the department of Applied Psychology asking when applicants to the MA program in Counseling for Mental Health and Wellness will be notified about their application status, and they told me "soon". She admitted she wasn't exactly sure when. However, she did transfer me to Graduate Admissions and they told me they send out most of their letters late March/early April... I think that is just a general time frame since specific programs seem to be having earlier notification periods..

ugh, i really wish these grad schools had set dates like they do for undergrad. i called another school and they told me "probably some time in march". not helpful. don't they know this is driving us crazy? i really don't want to have to wait until april to find out!

Hey guys! I am new here, but I wanted to tell you that I applied to Steinhardt for Counseling and Guidance MA, and today I was able to create a netID and log into NYU's student portal home.nyu.edu, where they had my university ID, email, etc. I haven't heard anything yet but it's definitely a good sign I think!

Just thought I'd share because maybe it will work for you too! Good luck!

Hey guys! I am new here, but I wanted to tell you that I applied to Steinhardt for Counseling and Guidance MA, and today I was able to create a netID and log into NYU's student portal home.nyu.edu, where they had my university ID, email, etc. I haven't heard anything yet but it's definitely a good sign I think!

Just thought I'd share because maybe it will work for you too! Good luck!

Ahhh, I just tried this and it didn't work for me. I'm not gonna over-analyze that just yet bc you applied to the school/guidance program and I applied to the mental heath wellness one... however I think i'm going to be trying that as frequent as checking this INSANE website.

thanks for the tip anyhow!

Ahhh, I just tried this and it didn't work for me. I'm not gonna over-analyze that just yet bc you applied to the school/guidance program and I applied to the mental heath wellness one... however I think i'm going to be trying that as frequent as checking this INSANE website.

thanks for the tip anyhow!

haha yeah I wouldn't worry about it too much! I actually got the idea from searching previous threads where people last year were able to do this...but it seems that many of them who ultimately got in weren't able to create an account either.

My fingers are crossed for you!

p.s. I know since discovering this website last week my studying and social time has decreased significantly...

I also applied to the Counseling for Mental Health and Wellness and wasn't able to create the NYU log-in.

haha yeah I wouldn't worry about it too much! I actually got the idea from searching previous threads where people last year were able to do this...but it seems that many of them who ultimately got in weren't able to create an account either.

My fingers are crossed for you!

p.s. I know since discovering this website last week my studying and social time has decreased significantly...

I also applied to the Counseling for Mental Health and Wellness and wasn't able to create the NYU log-in.

AH thank GOD i'm not alone! I dont know about you guys, but I stalked last years admits on the results page and they all were notified via postal service... henceforth I get just short of heart palpitations everytime I go to my mailbox. UGH.

http://www.thegradca...counseling+&t=a

that's the link, but obviously looking at specifically the counseling mental health wellness program and omitting 2010 results. all were notified via postal service.

Looking at the Mental Health/Wellness webpage, has anyone been able to RSVP to the accepted students orientation? I clicked the link and it said "registration is full". However I am assuming this is from last year...?

Did anyone for a MA in Counseling for Mental Health and Wellness at NYU-Steinhardt? The application was due 2/1/2010. When can I expect to hear the status of my application?

Thanks!

Hi there!

I also applied for a MA in Counseling for Mental Health and Wellness and haven't heard from them yet. I am soooo nervous. What school did you go to as an undergrad?

Looking at the Mental Health/Wellness webpage, has anyone been able to RSVP to the accepted students orientation? I clicked the link and it said "registration is full". However I am assuming this is from last year...?

I noticed this as well, TopRock23, however I'm pretty confident they haven't offered any acceptances just yet. I think the course of this week could change that... but ultimately, I do too think that reflects last years incoming students registration.