NYU-Steinhardt

TopRock23

so i have my net id and password... but i can't figure out how to sign on to the housing page. did you sign in on the home page of NYU's site and then just go to the housing page? where did you sign in?

I signed in from home.nyu.edu. Used my klr328 id and the password I created, went to the 4th tab (I believe called nyulife) and then clicked housing/meal plans. When you click that, it will then pull up a new window that will have a link in the left corner that says something like "university login" and click that and then the screen I posted shows up.

I signed in from home.nyu.edu. Used my klr328 id and the password I created, went to the 4th tab (I believe called nyulife) and then clicked housing/meal plans. When you click that, it will then pull up a new window that will have a link in the left corner that says something like "university login" and click that and then the screen I posted shows up.

damn! then that means although i have a net id and password i am not admitted. every time i've signed i get the "Sorry, your NetID and NYUHome account have not been activated. Please begin by activating your NetID at the ITS start page." boo!

thank you for being so helpful, though! =)

Edited by samjones

damn! then that means although i have a net id and password i am not admitted. every time i've signed i get the "Sorry, your NetID and NYUHome account have not been activated. Please begin by activating your NetID at the ITS start page." boo!

thank you for being so helpful, though! =)

Don't lose hope! I now get the impression that they update things at different times so not all admitted students can get access at the same time. It looks like the student who first gave us the idea on this thread was able to do so before anyone else. This is also assuming that this is what this means of course!

Once you do get in, you can also check your N number under the preferences at the top right of NYU Home. You can also change your email there if you want so that it's not in the abc123@nyu.edu format.

I need to share some exciting news with you all....

After my interview at a different grad school this morning, I decided to call NYU and try and get them to tell me if I got in or not. 15 minutes of persuasion and a little bit of teasing on the receptionist's behalf, he shared with me...

I AM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over 500 applicants and they picked ME! oh my gosh i'm sort of freaking out. But i can't wait to hear that all of you have been accepted to! MUCH LUCK TO ALL OF YOU! <3

I need to share some exciting news with you all....

After my interview at a different grad school this morning, I decided to call NYU and try and get them to tell me if I got in or not. 15 minutes of persuasion and a little bit of teasing on the receptionist's behalf, he shared with me...

I AM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over 500 applicants and they picked ME! oh my gosh i'm sort of freaking out. But i can't wait to hear that all of you have been accepted to! MUCH LUCK TO ALL OF YOU! <3

Guys!!!! I am in too!!!!!!!! Congrats kristen!! And I'm crossing my fingers for everyone else!!!!!!!!

Don't lose hope! I now get the impression that they update things at different times so not all admitted students can get access at the same time. It looks like the student who first gave us the idea on this thread was able to do so before anyone else. This is also assuming that this is what this means of course!

Once you do get in, you can also check your N number under the preferences at the top right of NYU Home. You can also change your email there if you want so that it's not in the abc123@nyu.edu format.

congratulations to cat26 and kristen!!

it's especially great to hear that you both have confirmation that you're in because today i was finally able to sign in! my heart dropped a little when i saw the "waitlisted student" bit but realized that it's to do with housing?? whatever. i really hope being able to sign in truly does relate to being admitted. woohoo!!

again, CONGRATS to you both!!

Hey everyone! I'm from the school counseling program but I was the one who was able to login to nyuHom pretty early...I just got back to school from spring break today and had an acceptance letter waiting! So those of you who can login, I don't know what it means for sure but it definitely isn't a bad thing ;)

Congrats to those of you who got your acceptances! I know we aren't in the same program but maybe we'll run into each other in a class or two :) Good luck to those waiting, hang in there, wherever you end up it'll be for a reason!

Guys!!!! I am in too!!!!!!!! Congrats kristen!! And I'm crossing my fingers for everyone else!!!!!!!!

Congrats to all of you!!! That's definitely great news to hear. Cat26- did you call them too and they told you that you were in? What office did you guys call?

congrats you guys!!!!!

is anyone else applying for the MA in bilingual school counseling? i'm currently wait listed, have emailed them to see if i can get a status update on the waiting list but have yet to hear back from them.

also are there any international applicants that know where the letters are sent from? i'm a NZ applicant but i am currently living in france, when i received the wait listed letter it was addressed to my address here in france but the post mark on the envelope was from NZ. i thought it was really weird, it took 2 weeks to get to me, looking at the date on the letter. just curious!

Hey all,

I know I informed you all that I called nyu on monday and was able to coax the person on the phone to give me the status on my app... Well I received my official letter/packet of acceptance today. Letter dated 3/12 mail dated 3/16. It was sent to my permanant address in Central Florida.

Good luck to all and congrats to my future classmates! :)

Hi all - different grad dept here - Educational Theatre - but I got an email inviting me to an info session and saying my acceptance packet was on its way - for those of you accepted (I know, different programs) - was fin aid info in your acceptance packet? The wait is killing me! Stupid snail mail

Is everyone who got into the MA Counseling in Mental Health and Wellness program definitely going?

I still haven't heard but if I do get in, I'm not going... I do have an n id number and an email address and all so I'm not sure what the hold up is, but oh well

I still haven't heard but if I do get in, I'm not going... I do have an n id number and an email address and all so I'm not sure what the hold up is, but oh well

ACtually I just got my acceptance but I am turning it down (can't afford it!). Good luck and congrats to you all!

Snail mail. it was for the counseling program.

Bluedevil, is it the Counseling for Mental Health and Wellness program that you are turning down? If you don't mind me asking, were you applying as a current undergrad or did you already graduate/have some work experience? thanks!

Bluedevil, is it the Counseling for Mental Health and Wellness program that you are turning down? If you don't mind me asking, were you applying as a current undergrad or did you already graduate/have some work experience? thanks!

It is the counseling for mental health and wellness program that I am turning down (just took the letter to the post office). And I graduated last June from college and have been working in an unrelated area (office work in a financial aid office). I did intern at a behavioral health center during college and i was a "big sib" all throughout college.

• 4 months later...

Hi all:

Is there a word limit for the Counseling Program Personal Statement at NYU? I am applying 2011 and would love any help I can get. PM me if you feel like being really kind and helpful. I have quite a few questions. Thanks!!! Congrats to everyone who got in.