Hey guys! So I've been volunteering in several places for a while now and I'm having some kind of idea as to what demographic I want to work with, which is mainly the older population. Although of course, I'd like to work in a setting where I can work with both kids and adults. I've volunteered in places where I mainly had to work with kids and I find it really hard to find places that will give me exposure to adults. Right now I'm volunteering at a communication recovery group for people with aphasia and other neurological disorders and also at a non-profit center for people who have TBI.

Do any of you guys know facilities or rehab centers that will give me more experience with adults? Anywhere in the Orange/Los Angeles County would be great. Thank you so much!

I'm not from your area by any means but you could try searching for nursing/retirement homes. I spent some time volunteering in the "activities" program of my local retirement home. Mostly I was working with individuals who had dementia or Alzheimer's but there was a wide range of individuals with speech disorders. I was also able to shadow the speech therapist there. You could also try searching for local non-profits who specialize in caring for individuals with special needs. Good luck!

• 6 months later...

Very glad to know that you are volunteering and working with kids and adults. I don't have any idea about the rehab centers. All around the world, many of the people are suffering due to different disorders and the people in the rural area are not area are unaware about the symptoms. Thus, it becomes our responsibility as a citizen to help such people and make them aware about the dangerous diseases. My sister believes in joining the nonprofit organizations like mission humanitaire, where shammesh arrange the different programs to help the people.