Oxford BPhil admits

FEB

Those of you who got admitted to the Oxford BPhil, have you heard back about either funding or college yet? I haven't heard anything since the offer email. Can we infer at this point that, for those who haven't heard back, the chances of funding are slim?

Also, does anyone know how many BPhil students get offers to continue to the DPhil each year, and how many of them get funded offers? I've heard from a couple of people that it's difficult to get a funded offer for the DPhil, especially if you're an international student. But absent numbers, I don't know how difficult.

BPhil admit here! Heard back from Exeter College on March 23rd - three weeks after the offer. It was my preferred college and also the one I'm currently at, so the fact that I'm a known face might have sped up the decision perhaps. Haven't heard anything about funding myself, though neither have I seen other BPhil offer holders either here or at TSR mention any, so I suppose there is a chance. The e-mail said we'd hear by 12 April. Although of course chances were slim to begin with.

There's a page here that lists what BPhil graduates have gone on to do. I've done some calculations as I've got nothing better to do. The first percentage is how many of the BPhil graduates overall went on to do the DPhil, the second how many of the BPhil graduates who stayed in Philosophy went on to do the DPhil: 

2016: 28% / 42%
2015: 20% / 33%
2014: 25% / 40%
2013: 35% / 67%

Obviously, some people might get offers but choose to go elsewhere. I couldn't find about funding unfortunately.

Iris (the faculty's academic administrator) says: "I don’t think all funding is assigned yet, as I am still occasionally getting copied in on scholarship offers/acceptances/declines, and as some offer holders decline, others will get offers. So don’t give up hope yet."

• 2 weeks later...

This is frustrating. They said in the original offer email we would hear the funding result by April 12, and now it's past April 12 in the UK. I just emailed the administrator, and got an automatic response saying she's away until April 18. What the.

Well I think the original language of the email said something like "if you haven't heard about funding by the 12th, you can assume you haven't gotten any".