Berkeley physics anyone?

Guest fysiks is phun

Guest Anonymous Coward

Same here. At this point I'm quite pessimistic because their "app complete" email said they notify people as they are admitted.

odd - I gon mine on Sunday... did you get in anywhere else? I swcrewed up Princeton and Caltech. Thought I had better chances...

Guest RozminK314

I've seen a few rejections and a few accetptances on the results, but I think that many of us will have to wait in limbo until March 15th. They have said that this is when they will let everyone know by. :? 8 more days. Sigh.

Guest guest123

"Called department to ask status. She told me that I was rejected. Apparently rejections are going out this weekend (approx 3/18)."

So... we're all screwed?

Guest Guest12345

Weekends/Fridays are better for rejections. Employers often fire people on Friday afternoons so that the employees have a weekend to cool down so that there's less risk they "go postal".

Guest Tassadar

I am rejected undoubtfully. However, there are some people's applications to be discussed tommorrow in the final meeting according to Donna. So, there are sill chances. For those fellows who don't prefer to check status over the phone, cross your fingers and pray that you are in the list of final discussion. Good luck to all!

Guest JustAnotherGuest

Did any international students (i.e. no US degree) get in? I've seen some rejections in the survey, but no acceptances for internationals...

Guest infra

I was told that it is basically impossible for internationals to get in HEP-TH in UCB nowdays. Frankly, I am rather angry about the whole thing - I see no differene between doing so and making easy money by playing 'find the ace' on the street: in both you engage people into bets they have no chance of winning to start with [though the later is ilicit while the former is state-run].

Guest Guest11235

To JustAnotherGuest,

How did you get the email?

did you ask them your status by email?

I still got nothing from them....

Guest Tired_visitor

Has everybody got his status from Berkeley physics by e-mail or

postal service already? Since Berkeley guys had made the decisions

more than one week ago, I guess maybe it's time to receive my

notification from them (probably rejection). Have they sent out the

postal notifications yet? :?: Otherwise, I wonder why it takes that

long for the snail mail from California to be sent to Illinois.

Just feel tired of calling them or e-mailing them to find out. It has

been a frustrating experience for me to recieve many rejections

recently.

• 2 weeks later...